• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Do you find it easy to meditate?

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Yes, my lifestyle offers hours and hours of time to meditate.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
No, my mind is always racing with thoughts unfortunately. Probably because I've filled my life with noise.

yeshuaisiam

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
What kind of mediate?

Like  hhhhhhhhaaauuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm kind?
or
Meditate in deep thought on subjects?

pmpn8rGPT

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
A nice tip, if you have a thought that is preventing you from meditating on what you want to, write it down on paper and then throw it away, I don't know if that will work on everyone but it is worth a try and it certainly helps me.

Other than that, just the usual dim light, silent room (or a little soft music, but be cautious, most "meditation music" is pagan/new age music, otherwise if you got a white noise maker like an out of tune radio than that is perfect) and clear thoughts  :).

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Very easy. I best meditate when I walk around puffing on a cigar. It's all it takes.

Jetavan

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.esoteric.msu.edu
augustin717 said:
Very easy. I best meditate when I walk around puffing on a cigar. It's all it takes.
In Buddhism, walking meditation is a common practice -- sans cigar, of course.

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
That would look something like this v