• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Doctors & Psychotherapists: Butchers & Liars (Jordan Peterson)

xariskai

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Doctors & Psychotherapists: Butchers & Liars: Arrest Them(!) /Jordan Peterson

Would prefer any discussion to focus on scientific, ethical, psychological, theological and etc. rather than political; thanks.
It's a good thing that you "prefer" this, because, as you know, no political discussion is allowed on the public board.
This video presents the chance to have a timely discussion on important issues, so it will remain in Non-Religious Topics for now.

Pravoslavbob

Last edited by a moderator:

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
I don't agree with him on everything, by any means, but I think he may be exactly right about this.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
On spot. I don't think there's any issue with me reposting an excerpt of something I just posted on the private board:

If our culture starts believing that personal opinions are more important than biological sex, the ideological impact will be so great that it will believe desire is more important than any biopolitical restriction. The Overton window will open again for pedophilia. Everybody should just open Wikipedia and type "French petition against age of consent laws" and "ILGA consultative status controversy" if they think I'm fearmongering. There's no need for conspirology to agree that people can simply go that far, massively.
He's particularly speaking of a context in which extremely dramatic measures are already taking kids' wishes way too seriously.

I don't agree with him on everything, by any means, but I think he may be exactly right about this.
It seems he's respected as a psychologist. His non-academical work on psychology gets a lot of negative feedback, but I guess that's expectable. Never read anything by him.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Yup. Spot on. I've heard/seen his name here and there around the internet but have never, until now, watched any of his videos or read any of his books or articles. Yes...he is spot on.

What I will say, though, about keeping politics out of the discussion, is that it might be nearly impossible, especially if one delves even so very slightly under the surface to begin to examine how we got to the state which Dr. Peterson so rightly argues against. What he describes is the result of a long, on-going political/ideological process. In other words, it is the symptoms of an underlying malignant disease. If you just remove the symptoms without dealing with the reason that they are there, they will just reappear somewhere else and looking possibly somewhat different. In the end, though, that "disease" will kill our society.

RaphaCam alluded to this when he (re-)posted this above:
If our culture starts believing that personal opinions are more important than biological sex, the ideological impact will be so great that it will believe desire is more important than any biopolitical restriction.
I'm of the opinion that we are almost there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
How many times does one have to resort to using green ink before things are understood?
PLEASE KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THE DISCUSSION or the thread will be moved to Politics and whoever has made political comments may receive a warning.

Last edited:

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I'm of the opinion that we are almost there.
I think too many people would agree with that statement, but not with some of its ultimate consequences, specially "consensual" pedophilia and zoophilia.