• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Dr Kaku proves that God exists

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Most conclusive evidence since the Holy Water Experiment. Dr. Kaku used several different colors of string, coupled with Greek etymology tachyons, to uncover the truth:

http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist-says-he-found-definitive-proof-that-god-exists-2/

After conducting the tests, Kaku came to the conclusion that we live in a “Matrix”.

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence”, he affirmed. “Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore.”

“To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't read the above yet, but I expect a LOL from you :p

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay...a little confused...since the video does not match the text...let me see if this is some sort of parody site.  If not, Google is next

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
After a few searches online, it seems this is old news, but I think also a misreading of what Kaku is saying.  He says that with this equation, scientists would understand the "mind of God", but this statement could mean anything.  It's not necessarily a pro-theist stand.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NicholasMyra said:
After conducting the tests, Kaku came to the conclusion that we live in a “Matrix”.

“To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”
This is where someone quips 'There is no plan'. :p

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Arachne said:
NicholasMyra said:

This is where someone quips 'There is no plan'. :p
"Harvey, do I look like the kind of guy who's got a plan?"

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Michio Kaku's opinion on God:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SBB2qHgZvLY

Pretty much, it seems to me more of a deistic brand than anything, and atheists have no problem with deism for the most part.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I read his book where he said there could be at least fourteen dimensions. Still creeps me out. His podcast is fun to listen to.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm convinced that the story is half a hoax.  This is another example of Kaku's religious beliefs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkrI-K7yBo

Half a hoax because it takes his words and misconstrues it as some sort of "scientific proof".  I think it's merely his deistic beliefs that essentially does not put him at odds with "spiritual atheists".

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I just realized Nick's first sentence.  I didn't notice it before.  :p

Reaction score
I have many times been convinced by reading theoretical physics books, of the existence of a higher power, and I have read books by Michio Kaku.

The fact that science can be a guide towards God is a good way to further understand God, sorta like a guide beyond the Bible.

Daedelus1138

High Elder
Reaction score
I think scientists just have a hostile attitude towards religion ever since Gallileo.  But really if you want to see more atheists in the academic setting... go to the English department.