• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Dreams

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
"Demons often transform themselves into angels of light and take the form of martyrs, and make it appear to us during sleep that we are in communication with them. Then, when we wake up, they plunge us into unholy joy and conceit. But you can detect their deceit by this very fact. For angels reveal torments, judgments and separations; and when we wake up we find that we are trembling and sad. As soon as we begin to believe the demons in dreams, then they make sport of us when we are awake too. He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man. Only believe dreams that warn you of torments and judgments. But if despair afflicts you, then such dreams area also from demons. St John Climacus, "The Ladder of Divine Ascent", Step 3: On Exile or Pilgrimage (Boston: Holy Transfiguration Monastery, 1978)"

From
http://www.orthodox.net/gleanings/demons.html

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Give up the demons; let them go and turn towards The Cross, Our Savior and His Words given to us as Medicine in The Church.

Gentleman

Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Brussels
"When you have a ugly dream, never examine what you saw, how you saw it, and if you are guilty, how much guilty you are. The evil one, because he couldn’t bring you into temptation during the day, comes to you at night. God sometimes allows him to tempt us in our sleep, so that we can see that our old man is not dead yet. Other times the enemy approaches a person in his sleep and shows him many dreams, so that he becomes upset when waking up. Therefore do not give any attention to it. Make the sign of the Cross on yourself, your pillow. Put the cross and a couple of icons on the pillow and be praying until you fall asleep. The more attention you pay (to dreams), the more the enemy will come to tempt you. This is not something that happens only to adults, but also to children. And also to small children, although they are like little angels, the enemy frightens them; when they sleep and tremble in agony, and they run scared and crying to their mother’s arms. Sometimes angels approach them and they smile from a joy while sleeping or they wake up from a great joy. Therefore the dreams brought by temptation are an external effect of the enemy on a sleeping human being.

• And when you feel a pressure while sleeping?
Sometimes this is due to an anxious situation that one is going through during the day; or to some fears or some suspicions, etc. All of these can be used by the enemy to make some combination to stun a person. Many times the sleep is so light that one thinks that they are awake and praying to get rid of that pressure from which one can even hold their breath. Sometimes the enemy can even take the form of a man or a saint and appear in someone’s sleep. He once appeared to a sick man in his sleep in the form of saint Arsénios and told him: “I am holy Arsenios. I came to tell you that you will die. Do you hear me? You will die!” the man was scared. A saint speaks never like this to a sick person. And if a sick person is really going to die and a saint comes to inform them of their death, then he will tell it to him in a good way: “Because God saw your suffering, He will take you out of this world. Prepare yourself.” They will not say to him “Do you hear me? You will die!”

• And what about when someone is shouting in their sleep?
It’s better if they wake up. There are many dreams of agony. When a person is in agony or tired, these things are struggling inside them and he sees them in a dream. Many times, when I face various problems of people during the day, injustices that happen, etc., then in my sleep I argue with the other: “You ungodly one! You are senseless!”, and with the voices that I make I wake up.

• Elder, is it possible to foresee through dreams the things that will happen?
No, don’t pay attention to dreams, whether they are pleasant or not. One shouldn’t believe them, because there’s a risk of delusion. 95% of them are illusional. That’s why the holy fathers say not to pay attention to them. Very few dreams are from God, but even they, in order to interpret them one must have purity of mind and other conditions, as is the case with Joseph and Daniel, who had gifts from God. “I will tell you, - said Daniel to Nebuchadnezzar, - what dream you saw and its meaning.” But what a condition he had arrived to! He was among the lions, who didn’t bother him, even though they were hungry. Habakkuk brought him food, and he said “Has God remembered me?” If God didn’t remember him, whom He remembered then?!

• Elder, some people don’t have dreams.
It’s better. They don’t spend neither tickets, nor gasoline (joke). In dreams in a minute you see something that would last for hours in reality or days; because time is abolished. From this fact one understand the psalm verse: “Thousand years in your sight, o Lord, is as the day of yesterday that passed away.”"

Saint Paisius the Hagiorite (of Mount Athos).

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Thanks I do believe my dream about end time is from God to tell me that I do not need to be afraid of end times if I am close to Jesus not to fear any things I may suffer but to be close to Jesus and make sure I know Him. For why would God let a devil say not to be afraid and not to afterwards prove it is wrong why does God allow devil to come in dreams and He never comes at all in my dreams if I do not let such dreams make me not serious ? I think I needed such dreams as I would be too afraid and other times I had it when I felt despair that salvation is impossible to obtain but I suppose it could be false as God if God does not give dreams to others in similar situations it could be only I needed it as I am confused what to follow as I was an extremist in my views and not acting right in society and not really liking to follow church and I had interest to follow only bible accurately and because I am in family where we are not fully orthodox

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I mean why if he let the devil deceive me in a dream does He not afterwards reveal it is a devil through another dream

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Lord, have mercy on your child mikeforjesus and lead him on the path of righteousness; grant peace and answers to his searching heart.

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Thankyou I do believe I know the truth but I can doubt if I can not prove I am honest

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
The reason I said it seemed like a demon dressed up as pope kyrillos is he seemed to be angry with me for not believing and because I don’t believe he has to disappear but I thought because God knows he is playing with my feelings he had to go and I don’t believe Pope Kyrillos would do that.

Also the dream when I imagined Jesus as a child it could be as a child because I am wanting Him to comfort me to trust Him.
God allows you to dream what you imagine to process your feelings. But if it was from Him it seemed it was short because God knows I may not take Him seriously and listen to Him and go my way and if I do and don’t take Him seriously and He was warning to listen to Him for if I don’t I will be left in darkness because it seems I may not listen to Him.

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Or rather angry at me because I want proof from him that I may not believe him that I should follow his way.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Walk by faith and trust that God is good and loves all mankind, including you mikeforJesus. The rest of this (dreams, visions, appearances) leave in God's hands. Do not be distracted. Don't spend time dissecting and analysing. Offer the sacrifice of thanksgiving when things look confusing, dark, and difficult: that's how it is a sacrifice. In spite of how things look outwardly, God is working all things according to His love and purpose. And we are blessed by believing without seeing proof!
Thank You God for your love, care, protection, and guidance! Thank You God that Your plans will always be accomplished! Thank You God that You love me, a rotten sinner. Your love is greater than any sin or darkness Lord Jesus! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You Holy Spirit for Your grace and protection and for Light on the path! I praise You and worship You forever Lord, my Love, my Savior!

mikeforjesus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Thankyou God loves all mankind that is why He gave His Son so that all can be saved. People must receive Him for to not be willing to believe and confess Him and to repent to follow Him is evil.
So He said there is a resurrection to life for those who have done good and resurrection of condemnation for those who have done evil.