• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Elder Iakovos Tsalikes Has Been Officially Numbered Among the Saints

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Today, Monday 27 November 2017, Elder Iakovos Tsalikes, who reposed in the Lord on 21 November 1991, was officially numbered among the saints by the Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, on his patronal feast of Saint James (Iakovos) the Persian. Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew himself had visited the Venerable Iakovos Tsalikes at the Monastery of the Venerable David in Evia in February of 1989, and he told the then Metropolitan Bartholomew that one day he would become Patriarch. His annual feast will take place on November 22nd.

http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2017/11/elder-iakovos-tsalikes-has-been.html

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
Antonis said:
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew himself had visited the Venerable Iakovos Tsalikes at the Monastery of the Venerable David in Evia in February of 1989, and he told the then Metropolitan Bartholomew that one day he would become Patriarch.
Holy Phanar, that's amazing!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonis said:
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew himself had visited the Venerable Iakovos Tsalikes at the Monastery of the Venerable David in Evia in February of 1989, and he told the then Metropolitan Bartholomew that one day he would become Patriarch.
I feel bad for all the polemicists who can't use that clip of Pat. Bartholomew meeting St. Paisios, now.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonis said:
I feel bad for all the polemicists who can't use that clip of Pat. Bartholomew meeting St. Paisios, now.
It's something of a tradition now that patriarchs support the glorification of saints that predicted their eventual enthronement. It was reportedly the case with Patriarch Athenagoras and St. Nektarios, too. I sometimes wonder if it was God's way of raising a saint to glory who otherwise may not have been officially recognized.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Evangelical by default
Jurisdiction
Spiritually homeless
Antonis said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonis said:
It's something of a tradition now that patriarchs support the glorification of saints that predicted their eventual enthronement. It was reportedly the case with Patriarch Athenagoras and St. Nektarios, too. I sometimes wonder if it was God's way of raising a saint to glory who otherwise may not have been officially recognized.
I wonder.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glory to God!

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
Antonis said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonis said:
If you manage to get me elected to a patriarchate, I will canonise you.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Glory to God!

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score