• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

end times ideas just people that don't get grammar?

Jason.Wike

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
So, I hear Protestants talk about the 'end times' and 'last days' a lot in the sense that the word is coming to an eminent end.

Stuff like Hebrews 1,2 "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world."

My question is, when I read this that is not what I get at all. The sense I am getting is "these last days" means "these past days" not "these final days." Anyone know what the connotation of the original Greek actually is?

choy

Archon
Reaction score
"The end of times" or "these last days" means that we are in the last phase of God's plan.  There are no longer any other prophesy left to be fulfilled except for the Second Coming and Final Judgement which is the literal end of times.  Now how long this period is, no one knows.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
It's awe inspiring to be part of God's plan, isn't it?  ....even in the final phase of the plan.