• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Episcopal Assembly website

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
I notice the Bp. Mark is already in the OCA. The "auxiallary" bishops of the Antiochian Archdiocese are listed, but the vicar bp. Ioan Cassian of the Romanian Patriarchate is not (I can swear they have another vicar here too).

Oddly, SCOBA is still in links.

I hope the parish guide does become complete and official. We need one, and some coordination of casting the Church's net over the continent.

FatherHLL

Archon
Reaction score
ialmisry said:
I notice the Bp. Mark is already in the OCA. The "auxiallary" bishops of the Antiochian Archdiocese are listed, but the vicar bp. Ioan Cassian of the Romanian Patriarchate is not (I can swear they have another vicar here too).
Oddly, SCOBA is still in links.
I hope the parish guide does become complete and official. We need one, and some coordination of casting the Church's net over the continent.
SCOBA is probably still in the links just as a practical matter that not all has been transferred and to be able to access the history.  Yes, the parish guide is well needed. 

EmperorConstantine

Reaction score
ialmisry said:
Why not simply link over to the orthodoxyinamerica.com website?  It seems a little redundant if that exists as well as the guide from the Episcopal Assembly.

Rastaman

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
EmperorConstantine said:
ialmisry said:
Why not simply link over to the orthodoxyinamerica.com website?  It seems a little redundant if that exists as well as the guide from the Episcopal Assembly.
It would make more sense to consolidate a similar directory/search function at the Episcopal Assembly. In this day and age, clicking around to multiple sites isn't ideal.