• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Eusebius

Doubting Thomas

High Elder
Reaction score
I'm interested in reading Eusebius's Church History. Does anyone have a particular recommendation about which edition/translation I should get?

MsGuided

Elder
Reaction score
I have the Penguin publication of it, but I've only gotten as far as the foreward. I'm a slow reader with a short attention span...

prodromos

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I assume you are aware that it is available free online in a number of locations?
Personally I prefer books to reading online, but when you're on a tight budget...

John

Doubting Thomas

High Elder
Reaction score
prodromos said:
I assume you are aware that it is available free online in a number of locations?
Personally I prefer books to reading online, but when you're on a tight budget...

John
John, I'm like you--I prefer books to reading online as well. My wife wanted to me to make a Christmas wish list, and that is one of the books I'm interested in possibly getting.