• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Ex-Orthodox now agnostic, want to know does God exist.

Reaction score
I have recommended books for everything apart from the existence of God because that will really depend on your interests since there is a lot out there! The books range in difficulty from beginner to advanced so ask if you are not sure about which one to read. Hope my answers help in your search for the truth! I am sure the others can give you some suggestions on spirituality, if you need that too :)

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I have recommended books for everything apart from the existence of God because that will really depend on your interests since there is a lot out there! The books range in difficulty from beginner to advanced so ask if you are not sure about which one to read. Hope my answers help in your search for the truth! I am sure the others can give you some suggestions on spirituality, if you need that too :)
Denied Existence, welcome to the forum! Since you're new here, I'll offer a friendly reminder to read the Rules section, which prohibits spamming threads. Please review the purpose for each forum, as well. Thanks. --Ainnir

mcarmichael

Archon
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Most people, although they are willing enough to write off others as NPCs, at least fundamentally believe that they are real.
If you are real then existence is real, and you know that you didn't will yourself into existence.
Thus, a Creator exists. It's basic Philosophy. If you can conceive of it, it is a reality. Note who you're asking though. You never conceived of a God like Jesus, but Jesus has you thinking about it. There is no other wise God. St. Paul said that.
St. Job said that wisdom is not found in the land of the living.

Last edited: