• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Exorcism

Gentleman

Reaction score
Exorcism (Greek: Εξορκισμος) is the rite of prayer which expels demons from a person or physical object. The most common use of exorcism in the Church is at the reception of a catechumen, which is most often included at the beginning of the baptismal rite, and during the Great Blessing of Water which is done on the baptismal waters and at Theophany. An exorcism may also be performed if it is believed that a person is suffering from demonic influence.

Source

And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God. And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him. And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him. (Mark 1: 23-27)

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. (Matthew 10: 1)

And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. (Luke 16: 18)

In the video below we can see how an evil spirit is being driven out from one old lady during a special service in the church with an Christian Orthodox priest. When I see this I get an impression of being on the crossway of the three worlds.
Although the movie shows some frightening phenomenon, thanks to the text and a well-known music it is made funny nevertheless. The text shown on the movie I have translated below. The author of the text seems to be an ordinary layman. In order to watch the video copy the link, paste it on your browser, remove the star you notice there and go.

WARNING: The movie is not intended for women, children and weak-nerved people. If you are aware of being one of them, don’t watch it please.

you*tube.com/watch?v=aKzDOcBY4hA

Hunters after the demons

How often Holy Fathers have to rescue the mankind from the demons!
Sometimes they don’t have time to rest… and they need to lay aside all other matters for the sake of the Humankind.
Sometimes they don’t even have the time to sleep! Even in dream the disturbing thinking about how to rescue the mankind from the demons and the freemasons who work for the ‘aliens from the Jupiter’, doesn’t leave them.
But the Orthodox ascetics express an iron Will and quickly rush to their cars in order to get quickly to those who got into trouble!
So here we are!
Now we will give it those awful demons hot and strong!

Ghostbusters!!!

Take that! Get it! Get it damned Satan!
This is to you because you put people up not to go to the Church!
And this is to you because you set the freemason against the Orthodoxy!
And this is to you because you invented communism and atheism!
And this is to you because you lead the people astray into the heresy of the Roman-Catholicism and Protestantism!
And this is to you because you are the collaborator of all Mormons and Buddhists!
And this is to you because you stole the frankincense from our Church last week!
And this…This… This is to you for the future! So you will know what is it to deal with the Father (priest)!
It is time to stop!..
Wait!
A little bit more!
This is to you for Darwinism!
Okay… Enough for you…
I go… I have to sanctify the TV’s for the parishioners…

Don’t you go to the Church yet???
Then we (Fathers) are going to YOU!