• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Facebook Feed

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
I take it that you want to filter your updates without deactivating your entire account. There is a Chrome add-on, News Feed Eradicator, that replaces the entire feed with an inspiring quote. Beyond that, there seems to be no setting that does anything similar.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
Arachne said:
I take it that you want to filter your updates without deactivating your entire account. There is a Chrome add-on, News Feed Eradicator, that replaces the entire feed with an inspiring quote. Beyond that, there seems to be no setting that does anything similar.
Thanks for the tip.  Yeah, I'd like to remove the feed temporarily but still use FB to keep in touch with people.  I'm not ascetic enough to give it up entirely for Lent.  :p

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Thanks for the tip.  Yeah, I'd like to remove the feed temporarily but still use FB to keep in touch with people.  I'm not ascetic enough to give it up entirely for Lent.  :p
Are you ascetic enough to give up oc.net for Lent?

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
scamandrius said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Are you ascetic enough to give up oc.net for Lent?
I care about your salvation too much to do such a thing.

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ACROD
Mor Ephrem said:
Is there any way to deactivate one's Facebook feed temporarily?
At least on a phone, you can delete the FB app but leave the messenger app

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
TheMathematician said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Is there any way to deactivate one's Facebook feed temporarily?
At least on a phone, you can delete the FB app but leave the messenger app
I found out that very second one can do it on the computer too. You just have to log on http://messenger.com

The advantage about the News Feed Eradicator (which I haven't tried yet) would be to still be able to access content inside Facebook, although not being bombed with the mighty newsfeed.