• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Falling asleep of forum member

Paisius

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I see that there is a sticky on this, but I wanted to let everyone know that my beloved husband and soulmate, the user Paisius (birth name Joseph Daniel Davis), fell asleep in the Lord suddenly and unexpectedly back on July 18.  He spent 38 years on this Earth and I was blessed beyond measure to have spent 18 years of that time with him, 15 years of that in marriage and almost 9 years as Orthodox Christians. It is absolutely and completely because of God working through Joey that I am Orthodox and at an amazing parish (St Justin Martyr in Jacksonville, Florida).

Joey is healed, he is whole, he is not fighting anymore the things that haunted him for so long.  He is reunited in Heaven with his Mom, Dad, and four siblings.  In addition to me, he is survived by a son and stepson (both in their early 20s), three sisters, and several nieces, nephews, grand-nieces, and grand-nephews.  He received a traditional Orthodox funeral and burial and is buried in the cemetery at our parish.

He enjoyed very much his time on this board and I know without a doubt that it made a difference in his life and in his faith. If anyone would like to send a priv msg, feel free to do so, I will be leaving his acct open for a short while longer before having it closed and setting up my own.

In closing, one of our priests said something at one of his services that is so simple yet so profound. In terms of our life and our relationships, this isn't a period, this isn't the end.  It's a comma, just a pause until we are reunited in Heaven.

Until our comma has passed Joey ... memory eternal sweetheart!

Joseph Daniel Davis
December 9, 1977 - July 18, 2016

Thank you,
Andrea Davis

Attachments

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear Andrea,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  May his blessed memory be eternal and may his prayers for you comfort you and keep you strong.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
So sorry to hear. I'm sure he'll be well remembered on Earth, and may his memory be eternal under the indelible light of the Holy Trinity.

2 Maccabees 7:23 said:
Doubtless the Creator of the world, who formed the generation of man, and found out the beginning of all things, will also of his own mercy give you breath and life again, as ye now regard not your own selves for his laws' sake.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this! I greatly enjoyed his posts.  :'(

May his memory be eternal!

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Paisius said:
Hello everyone, I see that there is a sticky on this, but I wanted to let everyone know that my beloved husband and soulmate, the user Paisius (birth name Joseph Daniel Davis), fell asleep in the Lord suddenly and unexpectedly back on July 18. 
How sad!  May God repose him and comfort all of you. 

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Condolences!

Prayers for you and your family, Andrea!

May Paisius' memory be eternal.

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Andrea

I am so sorry for your loss. :'(
I've known Joseph in here and one other forum, and had a recent private conversation with him. He is a great poster, and a great friend. 
My condolences to you, your family, and everyone close to him. 

May his memory be eternal.

marigold

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
May Joseph's memory be eternal.
Thank you, dear Andrea, for letting us know. May the Lord keep you and your family.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
May his memory be eternal!

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Memory eternal!
Lord have mercy on Andrea and other dear ones for Joseph.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. His contributions will be missed. Memory eternal.

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Memory eternal.

Peace

Elder
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on his family!
Memory eternal! Lord have mercy on his soul!
I am sorry for what happened, may God give you courage and strong faith.