• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Father Ambrose from New Zealand

Cavaradossi

Archon
Reaction score
Seeing as how the last thread got derailed, and Hieromonk Ambrose still has cancer, I think we ought to continue praying. Let's please not let this one get derailed.

Lord Jesus Christ, for the sake of the prayers of Thine all-holy mother, the Theotokos, of Saints Nicholas and Nectarios the wonderworkers, and of all the saints, have mercy on your servant, Hieromonk Ambrose and heal him, as the physician of our souls and bodies.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm unlocking this thread under the following understanding:

1. This is a thread in the Prayer Forum, and as such is only for prayer.
2. Specifically, this is only for prayers for Fr. Ambrose's health (body and soul).
3. Any posts that are not solely prayers for his health will either be split off or deleted, and the user may be warned (Warning, Moderation, or worse).

Thank you.

+ Fr. George
Global Moderator

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
Prayers continue for Fr Ambrose.

Prayers for all those treating him, while he struggles with this new very serious threat to life which is added to the problems he already has .

the slave

High Elder
Reaction score
I have today received further information about Father Ambrose.

Surgery is not possible because of his already very serious cardiac problem.

In 2 weeks time they will be discussing radiotherapy and chemotherapy possibilities, however the Multi Displiplinary Team have already advised against them because of the probable side effects.

He is very grateful for your prayers and asks that in your charity you continue to pray for him.

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It may not be too early to start praying:

"O Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, Physician of souls and bodies, who didst become man and suffer death on the Cross for our salvation, and through thy tender love and compassion didst heal all manner of sickness and affliction; do thou O Lord, visit Father Ambrose in his suffering, and grant him grace and strength to bear this sickness with which he is afflicted, with Christian patience and submission to thy will, trusting in thy loving kindness and tender mercy. Bless, I pray thee, the means used for his recovery, and those who administer them. Have compassion on Father Ambrose, and let mercy and justice meet; and deliver him from this sickness and suffering he is undergoing. Grant that his sickness may be the means of his true repentance and amendment of his life according to thy will, that he may spend the rest of his days in thy love and fear: that his soul, being helped by thy grace and sanctified by thy Holy Mysteries, may be prepared for its passage to the Eternal Life, and there, in the company of thy blessed Saints, may praise and glorify thee with thy Eternal Father and Life-giving Spirit. Amen."

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the slave said:
He is very grateful for your prayers and asks that in your charity you continue to pray for him.
Lord, have mercy!

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
the slave said:

In 2 weeks time they will be discussing radiotherapy and chemotherapy possibilities, however the Multi Displiplinary Team have already advised against them because of the probable side effects.

Lord have mercy!

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
the slave said:

Lord, have mercy!

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
the slave said:

Lord have mercy on his servant.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
the slave said:

Continued prayers. May the Holy Theotokos watch over him.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on your servant!

elijahmaria

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
irenikontheskete.blogspot.com
Father Ambrose from New Zealand is home, undergoing palliative care for a cancer that is beyond repair.  He is dying bit by bit now and he is profoundly alone so it would be a grace to write to him, send your love and prayers and help him with this last work before he goes home in peace and happiness.  I know he would be happy to hear from many of you here.

ambrois@xtra.co.nz