• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Father Daniel Byantoro of Indonesian Orthodox Church Released from ROCOR

BasilCan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about what happened to Father Daniel Byantoro of the Indonesian Orthodox Church, release from ROCOR?
It seems he has joined the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece.

ecclesia.goc.en - News (google.com)

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

BasilCan

Reaction score
Yes, he did start with the Greeks. I saw him years ago at a lecture and he was quite interesting. I do get concerned when I see priests shift from jurisdictions, especially if one keeps shifting to more conservative and often more exclusive churches. It rarely ends well. Having said that, it would be good if someone had some insights to his reasons to shift. The above noted article mentioned concerns over the politics between Constantinople and Moscow, but there as to be more to this.