• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Father Peter Heers - What is his jurisdiction?

BasilCan

Reaction score
Father Peter Heers seems to be making a splash on the internet these days. He is a prominent traditional commentary, who has ruffled more than a few Rassos. For years he was a Greek Priest in Greece (Church of Greece), then left to teach at Holy Trinity (ROCOR) then taught and help found Three Hierarchs Academy in Arizona (which seems to be Greek). Now he is back in Greece. Some are trying to paint him as some kind of "free agent" Orthodox priest, accountable to no one. Does anyone know which jurisdiction he belongs to now and who his bishop is? This is important as I don't want to share his posts, videos, books etc if he has become, well Bishopless.

IreneOlinyk

High Elder
Reaction score
Did he get an official release from the ROCOR: I believe the ROCOR keeps very good records and posts the decision of its synod on the internet doesn't it?

BasilCan

Reaction score
I guess that assumes he was released a few years ago from the Greeks to ROCOR. Jurisdictions often "loan" clergy to each other.
Maybe he is still a Greek priest but it just seems weird that this isn't clear.