• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Feats done by saints at age 19

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
For example, St. Alexander won the battle of the Neva when he was 19. St. Athanasius wrote On the Incarnation at 19.

What other saints have done impressive feats around this age?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do spectacular confessions of faith, with or without miracles, but concluded with martyrdom anyway, count?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Fool said:
Arachne said:
Do spectacular confessions of faith, with or without miracles, but concluded with martyrdom anyway, count?
I reckon so.
Then it's going to be a long list.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
St. John was pretty young when he met the Lord, wasn't he? Although John was the only Apostle who wasn't martyred, and wound up living to a ripe old age. If memory serves me.  :angel:

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
biro said:
St. John was pretty young when he met the Lord, wasn't he? Although John was the only Apostle who wasn't martyred, and wound up living to a ripe old age. If memory serves me.  :angel:
Wasn't St. John the Theologian only 12 when Our Lord called him?

And the child who was held in Christ's arms was St. Ignatius whom St. John the Theologian mentored.

However, St. John the Forerunner was still in his mother's womb, when he met the Lord and leapt for joy.