• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Female Altar Servers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
Because their denomination is founded on cherrypicking and people who aren’t Orthodox in an Orthodox forum should avoid insisting on how strange and archaic we can sound.
Is that what she was doing?

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
I hope I'm not being unfair, but I'm counting with other threads, and since she's defending female priesthood I decided to call a spade a spade.
Not sure that really answers my question. So here's another one--where is biro defending female priesthood? Certainly not in this thread, that I can tell.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Not sure that really answers my question. So here's another one--where is biro defending female priesthood? Certainly not in this thread, that I can tell.
Look, I think making this thread about her risks being hurtful while the remark I made was just blunt, so I think it's better to only keep this going if she shares your concern.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Look, I think making this thread about her risks being hurtful while the remark I made was just blunt, so I think it's better to only keep this going if she shares your concern.
I think "blunt" understates it a little, but never mind--just my opinion. You're right--no need to be hurtful. I'm more than happy to end this here.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
I was not supposed to menstruate?

Huh?

:(

You know more about my body than me, and I'm a woman...

Sigh.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
I was not supposed to menstruate?

Huh?

:(

You know more about my body than me, and I'm a woman...

Sigh.
You weren't supposed to suffer in any way...

hurrrah

Elder
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
hurrah, profanity is not permitted on the site, least of in in the Liturgy section. You are receiving 200 points for 2 months. Feel free to appeal via PM. Thanks. --Ainnir
Let me try to break it down for you.
Thank you for your efforts, but using the Internet has developed a useful skill for me, which can be called filtering out (removed --Ainnir), and from your comment I read about the first sentence and a half. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:

hurrrah

Elder
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
None of those holy monks would be in existence if females did not conceive and give birth to them.
Well, it seemed to me that it was not about reproduction, but about becoming a man - acquiring qualities, and doing things, only after which a man can be called a man...

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Well, it seemed to me that it was not about reproduction, but about becoming a man - acquiring qualities, and doing things, only after which a man can be called a man...
Liturgical texts are full of references to the bravery, courage, strength and steadfastness of female saints, especially those who were martyred. It is no accident that the Greek word for "bravery" has the same root word as "man" (andreia and andras). Even in English, the word manful means courageous, brave. It is very wrong to assume that women are incapable of "manly" qualities.

hurrrah

Elder
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROC
It seems to me that there is some kind of misunderstanding. It is unlikely that what I can say is worth trying to clarify this misunderstanding. Peace.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
a smoking flax He won't quench
Jurisdiction
World
It seems to me that there is some kind of misunderstanding. It is unlikely that what I can say is worth trying to clarify this misunderstanding. Peace.
That’s fine! Peace brother!

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
Faith
Convertodox
Jurisdiction
Netodoxy
I see your problem. There was no article associated with the word "man" in my post - for good reason. I said "Man is not man without the female" and quite specifically did not say "Man is not a man without the female". There is a world of difference living in that little "a".

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
Faith
Convertodox
Jurisdiction
Netodoxy
Thanks for the link! Very interesting.

I don't disagree with you, it's just that I don't think your "check engine" light analogy works so well--at least for me it doesn't. There is almost no end of things in the natural order that remind us that "things aren't right".
Well, truth be told, my intent was less for a one-to-one analogy and more to make biro spit her warm, caffeinated beverage of choice all over her computer screen.

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Thread locked pending moderation review.
Dominika, GM

Status
Not open for further replies.