• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Font used on Romanian icons etc.

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
OK. I have no idea where to put this so I'm sticking it here. It's basically just a quick question for help.

I am a bit of an amateur iconographer and I want to paint icons of various Romanian saints that I can't find here. I'd like to use the normal script/font, whatever you want to call it for the writing on the icons but I don't have examples of all the letters and so it would be helpful if I could get hold of a font or picture from somewhere to use as an example.

It looks like the writing on the tomb of my son's patron saint below.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where (or if) I might find it? Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

James