• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

For a friend who took her own life.

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Hello, all.

I ask your prayers for my friend, Lynsey.

She was 18, just about to go into senior year with me and the rest of my class.  She was very loved.  She had a job, and was taking advanced classes and early college courses.  She seemed to have the world at her feet, and everyone knew she would be successful.  She was kind to everyone.

She took her own life in a terrible way yesterday morning.  The whole school is deeply shocked that someone would do this,e specially someone as loved by the community as her.

Please pray for her, her family, and those who will really mourn her death.

Thank you.

-Trevor

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Apostle to the Church of ASD
Oh God Trevor!

I am so sorry! Lord have mercy!

And some folks were just celebrating your birthday in thread you might not see.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,46055.msg782975.html#msg782975

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Achronos said:
Sorry to hear that man, I'm in CO if you need me.

Lord have mercy!
Thank you very much, Achronos.  I shall keep that in mind.

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete. 

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of New Gracanica
Lord be merciful to her.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Apostle to the Church of ASD
trevor72694 said:
Achronos said:

Lord have mercy!
Thank you very much, Achronos.  I shall keep that in mind.

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete.  
I know this is the prayer forum and sometimes personal stuff blurs the line. But coming from someone who has dealt with this more than I would like to recount, being angry is OK. And maybe no one could have helped her. And that is sad.

Who knows?

But whatever you feel, is OK. I hope you have plenty of folks around from friends, to family, to pastoral care, to therapeutic care if you need it.

And as little as it might matter, I know for a fact that oc.net has a very special place in its heart for you. In fact, a not small part of that heart has gone missing in your absence.

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for which I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
trevor72694 said:
Achronos said:

Lord have mercy!

It just pisses me off that she didn't say anything.  I mean, someone could have helped her through whatever she was going through.  She had such a promising future.  I'm almost mad at her, because she seemed to be luckier than many.

I just wish I knew what drove her to it.  That poor girl.  Our class really won't be complete. 
I know this is the prayer forum and sometimes personal stuff blurs the line. But coming from someone who has dealt with this more than I would like to recount, being angry is OK. And maybe no one could have helped her. And that is sad.

Who knows?

But whatever you feel, is OK. I hope you have plenty of folks around from friends, to family, to pastoral care, to therapeutic care if you need it.

And as little as it might matter, I know for a fact that oc.net has a very special place in its heart for you. In fact, a not small part of that heart has gone missing in your absence.

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.
I wish I had as much as, for lack of better word, "innocence". He is among the better of us, for sure.

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
orthonorm said:
trevor72694 said:
Achronos said:

Lord have mercy!

Who knows?

You never fail to soften the heart of this cryptic cynic with your straight forward honesty and kindness amid whatever pain and joys you go through. And that is something for I am always grateful. As are the folks who have to put up with me in real life.

Take care Trevor.
I am fine, perfectly fine.  I'm just extremely upset that this would happen in my community. 

It's been so hard.

I live in Colorado.  First our state nearly burns down, then the man walked into the movie theater and killed people, injuring many, and now this.

Something good needs to happen soon in my community or everyone will go nutts.

Please also keep in your prayers this girl's boyfriend.  They had broken up maybe one week before her suicide.  He still refers to her as his "best friend".  I know that if I was him, I would feel terrible.

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:
trevor72694 said:
Achronos said:

Lord have mercy!

Who knows?

Take care Trevor.
I wish I had as much as, for lack of better word, "innocence". He is among the better of us, for sure.
Thank you very much, I am flattered.

Not to diverge from what this topic is truly about too much.

I admit, it's not "innocence" that I used to put off.  I think that I was merely suffering from "convertitis" (the crazy, overly-zealous convert disease).

Since I stopped posting here I did a bit of growing up.  My beliefs have changed and I've realized things about myself that I had no clue about before.

I hope that I can still contribute to this wonderful community like I used to.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since this is the prayer forum, I'll refrain from asking more questions about you. Maybe elsewhere.

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Achronos said:
Since this is the prayer forum, I'll refrain from asking more questions about you. Maybe elsewhere.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like.  :)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Oh Trevor! I just saw this after you know..., I am so sorry dear, how very sad! May the Lord grant her eternal rest in His Peace. Amen Lord have mercy!

what orthonorm said is very true, about the normality of the emotional termoil you might be experiancing right now, the need to get the necessary care if you need it, and how much you are appreciated here.

God be with you!

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
Lord have mercy for all involved.

elephant

High Elder
Reaction score
Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy
Most Holy Theotokos save us
Saint Nektarios pray for us

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
Lord, have mercy!

Reaction score
Lord have mercy on her soul and grant comfort to her family in this difficult time.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Oh Trevor, I am so sorry. :(

Prayers for your friend, and prayers for you as well.

marigold

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy!

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord have mercy on Lynsey, on her family, her friends, her boyfriend, and Trevor.