• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For a hopeful scholarship

That person

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello, prayer forum. Here's the situation: I'm a senior in high school, and I have a good, but not phenomenally good, resume. I would really like to go to Loyola University of Chicago. I've been accepted, but even with the scholarship they offered me, tuition is mad expensive. I am, however, a National Merit Scholar, and each year, LUC awards full rides to five of us. I currently have them listed as my first choice with the National Merit Scholar people, which is risky, since I really have no idea who my competition is. So if you could pray for me as they decide to whom they should award these scholarships, I would be grateful. Thank you all. My name is Joseph, if that helps anything.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
You have National Merit? So I lost to you?  :mad:

Well good luck. I myself am banking on a full ride to my university of choice, otherwise I can't go. Lord have mercy.