• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For my Grandfather

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
As if the recent death of my uncle was not enough, something that has hit me harder than I anticipated since I am now officially the only Orthodox person in my family, I found out today that my maternal grandfather is on his deathbed. To be honest I hardly know him since he abandoned my mom and grandmother a long time ago, so I'm not very sad about that, but my mother is very downtrodden about his coming death. So prayers for her as well as for my grandfather himself would be greatly appreciated. That and on a lesser note, belated prayers for my name-day which was yesterday but got canceled and overshadowed by the news of my grandfather. St. Augustine is my patron.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!  Prayers of St. Augustine and St. Monica be with you and your family.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I just wanted to update you all. My grandfather officially died tonight at 3:44AM. Please keep his departed soul as well as my mother in your prayers. I feel very powerless and angry right now. She's in Oregon right now crying her eyes out and I'm stuck here in California unable to console her in person.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on your servant JamesR, and his mother and their family.  May his grandfather's memory be eternal.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
May his memory be eternal and may the prayers of the Theotokos console your family.