• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For my sister

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
She's in the hospital in ICU with her blood pressure at 60/0. She had a blood clot in her leg that moved to her lung, if she had been a couple of hours later getting to the hospital this would probably be a prayer for the departed.

O Christ, Who alone art our defender: Visit and heal thy servant Maryanne delivering her from from sickness and grievous pains. Raise her up that she may sing to Thee and praise Thee without ceasing, through the prayers of the Theotokos, O Thou Who alone lovest mankind.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Melodist said:
She's in the hospital in ICU with her blood pressure at 60/0. She had a blood clot in her leg that moved to her lung, if she had been a couple of hours later getting to the hospital this would probably be a prayer for the departed.

O Christ, Who alone art our defender: Visit and heal thy servant Maryanne delivering her from from sickness and grievous pains. Raise her up that she may sing to Thee and praise Thee without ceasing, through the prayers of the Theotokos, O Thou Who alone lovest mankind.
Lord, have mercy!

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
Thank you all for your prayers, I'll try to provide updates on her condition as I receive information.

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
She is being transferred to University of Maryland.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
What does that mean?  I hope that's good news?

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
What does that mean?  I hope that's good news?
She is pretty much on life support to keep her breathing and possibly to help her heart, they moved her because she needed better equipment and would not have survived at the hospital she was in.

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
She still needs everyone's prayers.

O God of spirits, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the soul of Thy departed servant, Maryanne, in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which she has committed, whether b y word or deed or thought.

For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives  yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou art the Resurrection, the Life, and the Repose of Thy servants who have fallen asleep, O Christ our God, and unto Theewe ascribe glory, together with Thy Father, Who is from everlasting, and Thine all-holy, good, life-creating Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

marigold

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
O Virgin, alone pure and immaculate, that in maiden-motherhood brought forth God, intercede for the salvation of the soul of your servant.

Dear Melodist, please accept my condolence on the passing of your sister, Maryanne.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

May she rest in the bosoms of our fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, in the heavenly Jerusalem!

May her memory be eternal!

elephant

High Elder
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your beloved sister.

May her memory be eternal!

sheenj

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
O Thou full of mercy, renew Thy creation at the resurrection.
O Lord, comfort and absolve us and our departed ones who died with hope in Thee and await Thy Coming.
O Lord, make them to dwell in Bosom of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob.
May the Living and the Departed together cry out: "Blessed is he who has come and is to come and gives life to the Dead"
Amen.

Romaios

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on Maryanne and her family!  :(

Memory eternal!

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
Thank you all for your prayers. I will be leaving, probably tomorrow, to go help plan funeral/memorial arrangements and the sort.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
May the Lord comfort and keep your family. May your sisters memory be eternal.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Melodist I am so sorry for your loss.

By the swift and unfailing intercession of the Most Holy,Ever Virgin Theotokos, May the Lord who is Most Merciful and Lover of Mankind, have mercy on the Soul of His departed servant Maryanne, and grant her entrance into His Ever Lasting Peace , and to be among the company of those who rejoice in the Joy of the Ever Living God! Amen.

May the Lord comfort you my brother, and all your family and all those who morn for Maryanne.

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Eternal be her memory. 

Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on the soul of Maryanne. 

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
beautiful service melodist, Memory Eternal!