• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For the repose of John

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Please remember in your prayers my friend John who succumbed to his battle with stomach cancer last night.  John was incredibly important to millions as the singer of early DC hardcore punk band Government Issue (among others) and his music helped us get through those awkward teenage years and beyond.  I was blessed to call him friend for the past decade or so and will always remember him as one of the most humble and genuine people I ever met, let alone called friend.  He knew his place is the annals of punk rock history but never, ever let it get to his head.  A more down to earth person you'll never meet.

Please also remember his wife Mina who has lost her best friend and husband.

And, a bit selfishly, please remember me as I'm utterly sick of watching my friends die way too young.

Vicnaja pamjat!  Hospodi pomiljiu!

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on John and all his loved ones.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
I don't think I recall that band.  Anyway, Lord have mercy on you all and memory eternal for John.

HaydenTE

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Memory Eternal!
Lord, have mercy on Mina and Schultz!

William T

Archon
Reaction score
Oh wow, a couple of the older fellas I know and keep iin contact with on Facebook knew him personally and played with him (and this is Ohio and Michigan).  They are all saying  very nice things about him. Supposedly (before I was born) he wore a flowered shirt to their first show in Detroit and went crowd surfing to aggravate the crowd.  This was during the opening band, so know one knew the guy in the hardcore headlining band was the guy crowd surfing in the flowery dress shirt.  Funny stuff.