• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For the repose of Robert, and the comfort of his family

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
I just saw him last week. He had come into town for the weekend and came to Church, where he and his family were received 10 years ago or so (and bringing his windowed mother back in Texas into the Church there). Another U of C'er, he was enjoying quite the academic career-in Classics no less!-he had just been sent by his latest university over the past year to Ethiopia, the Middle East and Europe, with his family for an extended stay. His wife and he were a real Christian couple-someone posted a picture of the two of them on Facebook a few months ago, admiring the Church of Ravenna and labelled it "marriage", because you could see how they were in symphonia with each other. Their children were were being raised in a sophisticated, cosmopolitan environment, and already their talents were blossoming. If I were one to envy, I thought last week, I would envy him (instead of being so happy for him, as I was).

Yesterday, at the ripe old age of 42, and in perfect health, he had an acute heart attack and passed away.

Please pray for the repose of this faithful soul and kind and ever  helpful, cheerful man, who left a wonderful wife and children and everyone who knew him with a deep hole in our hearts.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

HaydenTE

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Memory Eternal, Lord have mercy!

vorgos

High Elder
Reaction score