• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For the repose of the soul of Joseph Garber

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Please pray for the repose of the soul of my father-in-law, Joseph Garber, who fell asleep in the Lord this morning.  He was 88 years old, and a very proud veteran of WWII.

May his memory be eternal!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
May he rest eternally with the Lord.  I am sorry to hear this, and not in the cheesy hallmark way, but sincerely as it is you and your family's loss.  Please give my condolences to your wife.

(At some point I might grill you on his WWII involvement, as is my habit, but now is neither the time nor the place.)

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
vamrat said:
May he rest eternally with the Lord.  I am sorry to hear this, and not in the cheesy hallmark way, but sincerely as it is you and your family's loss.  Please give my condolences to your wife.

(At some point I might grill you on his WWII involvement, as is my habit, but now is neither the time nor the place.)
Thank you so much, Vamrat!  I will pass along your condolences to my wife.  Feel free anytime to ask about him.  The next few days/weeks will be incredibly busy, so I may not respond immediately or quickly, but I will definitely get back to you!

God bless you!

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
May he rest in peace and God be with you and your family.

Reaction score
Lord have mercy. St Anne pray for us, St Therese pray for us, St Herman pray for us, St Macrina pray for us.