• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

For the Start of the Semester

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
This Monday I start college again for the Fall. I have 2 classes on Monday and 2 on Wednesday with 1 online course. Prayers that I make it through the semester would be nice, and that my nerves would be calmed. I always get very nervous in the days leading up to the start of the semester, to the extent that I stay awake in my bed all night. Simply put, I'm afraid of failure, and driving--which is inevitable--fuels my anxiety. It's a phobia of mine. That and I simply don't feel motivated--I know I can succeed, but I just dread it. The thought of another 4 years of education haunts me when I feel like I'd rather just start my life right now. I'm tired of the constant stepping stones. I just want to work and be somewhat at peace. But I know education is the best course of action. So prayers that I'd stay motivated would be appreciated as well.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers everyone. My first day back surprisingly went much better than I anticipated. Got my books before the rush and each of my professors are very nice. I did have to drop one class because it was very intensive and I foolishly didn't take the *recommended* prerequisite, so I'm only taking 12 units now, but fortunately my school offers summer session.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on your servant, James as he continues in his schooling.

byhisgrace

OC.Net Guru
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best wishes on your semester, James! I'm glad that your first day went well.

And I feel you about the fear of driving. It's a struggle for me too, even when driving to and from work every day, although I'm slowly getting less and less afraid.

Prayers.