• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Fort Hood shooting victims

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
I just read about it, too.

Lord, have mercy!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Lord, have mercy.

livefreeordie

High Elder
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy. Its up to 12 dead and 31 wounded.

I work with our wounded troops around the country and I can tell you that the level of stress is incredible.  The London Times called the situation at Fort Hood "Emotional Carnage" before this incident even occurred.  I can attest, that is the case with the families of our combat troops.  Please pray for them, and reach out to any soldiers and veterans you know.

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the South (OCA)
Lord have mercy to all who were shot, their families and friends, and also to the shooter.

Orthodoc

Archon
Reaction score
Heorhij said:
I just learned about the shooting on the grounds of Fort Hood military base. Seven people are said to be dead and 20 wounded.

Lord, have mercy on all involved, and Memory Eternal to those who lost their lives!
I spent two years in the Army stationed at Ft Hood and working in the Darnell Army Hospital where the killer worked.  My prayers are for the souls of the departed, thier loved ones, and those who are in the process of recovery.

Orthodoc

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let the pereptual light shine upon them.  A hymn, O God, befits Thee in Sion and a vow shall be repaid thee in Jerusalem.  Hear, O God, my prayer; all flesh shall come to Thee.

Memory eternal!