• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Fr. George Gligich, burned badly in an accident at the altar

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
I learned of this tragic accident from Sunday July 5 upon catching up with other blogs etc upon return from vacation. I don't know Father George, but such an accident is rare and something you fear in the back of your mind growing up around the church.  Please keep Fr. George Gligich in your prayers (from St. Peter's [Serbian Orthodox] in Fresno, CA). He was burned badly in an accident at the altar July5th has had the first of a few surgeries. Please keep him in your prayers for the next few weeks.

Luke

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Through the intercessions of St. Luke and St. Panteleimon and St. Peter, LORD have mercy!

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Lord have mercy and bring a full and speedy recovery to your servant the Priest George through the prayers of the Holy Theotokos, St. George, St. Nicholas, St. Luke, St. Panteleimon, and all the saints.

Reaction score
Lord have mercy! last i herd on another forum he improving a guy named joseph is really close to that parish on TAW forum , st.Luke intercede for thy servent healing!

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord have mercy on Fr. George!

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!