• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Frederica Matthews-Green visit

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
Frederica Matthews-Green will be visiting our parish Saturday April 5th. If anyone may be in the area and interested. Reception is at 5:00 pm, Vespers at 6:00 pm, and address at 7:00 pm; free of charge of course. Announcement on last page of our bulletin from March 2nd: http://www.antiochian.org/system/files/bulletin3-2-082207.pdf  and our parish website is http://www.antiochian.org/Wilkes-Barre . Our church is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA. In the northeastern region of the state. All are welcome.

TinaG

High Elder
Reaction score
Website
comethatmidnight.wordpress.com
Your parish is very blessed to have her come and speak.  She was our guest speaker at our Lenten retreat about 8 years ago and she is very dynamic and entertaining.  I could have listened to her for hours more. 

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
I pray it will bear  fruit to the glory of God. That some will be brought to Orthodoxy, that she will help encourage & enlighten us in our faith, that new life will be instilled into the Orthodox churches in our region.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
In case by some long shot someone had intended to attend her appearance, it has been regretfully cancelled. Frederica's mother is severely ill and perhaps near death (do not know specifics). Lord have mercy on Frederica's mother, Frederica, family & all affected.

Paradosis

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of the cancellation.  I hadn't plan to attend myself, but I had heard about the planned visit.  May the Lord grant great mercy to her mother and entire family right now.