• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Friend just met His All Holiness

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Well, I am super jealous. My friend, a fellow Byz Catholic, just met and took a photo with His All Holiness Patriarch Bartholomew in Turkey. Didn't know where to post this, and I didn't know who else would be excited with me, so I took to OC.net.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen when he passes away. The Islamic state has shut down the seminary their in Turkey and there is a law that states the ecumenical patriarchate of constantinople has to be from Turkey.

Here is a CBS video on what I am talking about. It's done with the recently deceased Bob Simon on 60min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZXxgjKk2o

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Awesome :)  Can you share the pic, or is that a thing where he/she wants privacy?

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
I wonder what's going to happen when he passes away. The Islamic state has shut down the seminary their in Turkey and there is a law that states the ecumenical patriarchate of constantinople has to be from Turkey.

Here is a CBS video on what I am talking about. It's done with the recently deceased Bob Simon on 60min
A number of clergy were recently granted Turkish citizenship. For the foreseeable future, Constantinople has a reasonable amount of candidates.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonis said:
Peacemaker said:

A number of clergy were recently granted Turkish citizenship. For the foreseeable future, Constantinople has a reasonable amount of candidates.
That's good to hear!

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
several years ago we were at family trip to Istanbul. We were waiting for vespers at the cathedral and I went to buy some soda. And before I returned the patriarch arrived at Phanar.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Justin Kissel said:
Awesome :)  Can you share the pic, or is that a thing where he/she wants privacy?
He's on a plane flying back across the Atlantic right now, but as soon as he gets back I will ask his permission.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
I'm hoping he will let me share; there is a pic of Hagia Sophia, and another of the home of the Virgin Mary.