Funny: Europe according to the Vatican map

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Was reading about internet "memes" and found this:

http://www.zazzle.com/europe_according_to_the_vatican_poster-228241982411366618

Europe according to the Vatican... Kind of funny...

Warning, it is not politically correct, and may offend some.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Okay, I might need to buy this. I'm a sucker for memes that mess with maps.

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna make a map for "The World According to Greece" or something like that...

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Christ is ascended!
Interesting.  I'll have to leave it at that, lest it be misconstrued as political.

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Christ is ascended!
Robert W said:
Jesus never went to Finland :_(

Thanks for posting  ;D
Don't feel bad. He never went to Greece, Russia or Italy either.

But He did spend His childhood in Egypt. ;D

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
Why is Belarus WTF?
Belarus is the most pro-Vatican of the Orthodox states. In a couple of years we might even have a concordat with the Republic of Belarus.
I don't understand the connexion between "Teutonia" and Lithuania (?)

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
88Devin12 said:
I think I'm gonna make a map for "The World According to Greece" or something like that...
Just change the color code and few words and all is good!  I was glad to see that most of us come from lands
that are just 'misguided'.  ;) ;) ;) :eek:
Not I; I am an assassin!

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
synLeszka said:
Why is Belarus WTF?
Belarus is the most pro-Vatican of the Orthodox states. In a couple of years we might even have a concordat with the Republic of Belarus.

Lighten up, it's supposed to be satire, not scholarship.

BTW, since Belarus is the most totalitarian of the post-Soviet states and has seemingly done the least to dismantle the state apparatus that existed pre-1991, why would a concordat with Belarus be something to be proud of? Just asking....

ialmisry

Strategos
Reaction score
Christ is ascended!
synLeszka said:
Why is Belarus WTF?
Your friends, the Teutonic Knights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades

synLeszka

High Elder
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:

BTW, since Belarus is the most totalitarian of the post-Soviet states and has seemingly done the least to dismantle the state apparatus that existed pre-1991, why would a concordat with Belarus be something to be proud of? Just asking....
I would debate that;
The concordat would an affirmation of the Church's right to exist. Without a concordat, the State can disestablish the Catholic Church and all organised religion. This happened in France, and from 1905, no Church of any stripe has legal personhood in France. The only legal form of religious organisation in France is the cultural association but not the Catholic Church as a whole or a diocese.
The concordat is essential for the Church's existence in Europe. I'd just like to add that Serbia also wants a concordat from what I have heard.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
They got us quite right: "orthodox Latins", a unique historic accident.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
synLeszka said:
podkarpatska said:

I would debate that;
The concordat would an affirmation of the Church's right to exist. Without a concordat, the State can disestablish the Catholic Church and all organised religion. This happened in France, and from 1905, no Church of any stripe has legal personhood in France. The only legal form of religious organisation in France is the cultural association but not the Catholic Church as a whole or a diocese.
The concordat is essential for the Church's existence in Europe. I'd just like to add that Serbia also wants a concordat from what I have heard.
I guess I misunderstood your point, but to my American ears, it would be like saying one of the former Confederate  states over another was the less oppressive than others with 'Jim Crow' race laws following our Civil War and Reconstruction.