• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Gerard Depardieu converts to Russian Orthodoxy

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen people be very skeptical over the news, claiming "antics." I guess I'm just not plugged in enough to Depardieu News to know any better. But let's skip his rendition of "Thank Heavens for Little Girls" at the reception!

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
I read somewhere that his next step is Judaism... making it sound like he's just bouncing from Faith to Faith to Faith.

Let's hope that he finds exactly what he needs in Orthodox Christianity... and remains in the one True Church.

Saxon

High Elder
Reaction score
Didn't he initially seek Russian citizenship to escape French taxes? Well, at least it seems his new surroundings bore spiritual fruit.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I read somewhere that his next step is Judaism... making it sound like he's just bouncing from Faith to Faith to Faith.

Let's hope that he finds exactly what he needs in Orthodox Christianity... and remains in the one True Church.
Didn't he initially seek Russian citizenship to escape French taxes? Well, at least it seems his new surroundings bore spiritual fruit.
I do hope it is heartfelt and for his salvation!

Santo Chavez

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear he converted, but I also wonder if it is a complete 180 degree turn from French voltairism, that is to say: will he be for or against the separation of church and state, freedom of religion, freedom of conscience, freedom of speech.

I personally am impressed with the growth of Orthodoxy in Russia by what I'm reading and seeing on the internet. Maybe it sort of got to Gerard's heart as well.

Eamonomae

Julian the Apostate
Reaction score
Maybe he will get a hot Russian wife. We need to advertise Russian nationalism somehow.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe he will get a hot Russian wife. We need to advertise Russian nationalism somehow.
Save polemics for the proper fora, Eamononae. Not here. Thanks. —Ainnir

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
May God bless him on his journey.