• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

GOARCH and Vaccines

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I have my issues with many aspects of GOARCH and the EP but I’m happy to see this ratification of common sense and reason. There are no ‘taints’ of fetal cells in any mRNA vaccines. That blather is the obscurantism flogged by the likes of Fr. Peter Heers.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
Good, they probably wanna send all the bath*t crazy to other jurisdictions.

Christos3

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
The J&J uses stem cell from an aborted baby from the 70's. So it's not the actual stem cell, and you could look at it as not wasting that life by it's contribution to the vaccine.. There are many other medicines and vitamin supplements Orthodox Christians also use the from the same stem cell (Tylenol, Vitamin D for example.) I'm vaccinated, but I do not approve of mandates (Vax or Masks). Especially for children and those who have recovered from Covid.

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
The J&J uses stem cell from an aborted baby from the 70's. So it's not the actual stem cell, and you could look at it as not wasting that life by it's contribution to the vaccine.. There are many other medicines and vitamin supplements Orthodox Christians also use the from the same stem cell (Tylenol, Vitamin D for example.) I'm vaccinated, but I do not approve of mandates (Vax or Masks). Especially for children and those who have recovered from Covid.
There are no aborted fetus stem cells in any vaccine. The stem cell lines obtained from abortions half a century ago are used in the testing of many pharmaceuticals. The notion of ‘taint’ is magical thinking.

Irened

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
Christos3: Can you share where did you find the information that Tylenol and Vit D are produced with the aid of fetal cell lines?

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
There are no aborted fetus stem cells in any vaccine. The stem cell lines obtained from abortions half a century ago are used in the testing of many pharmaceuticals. The notion of ‘taint’ is magical thinking.
That is patently untrue, Johnson & Johnson uses cloned cell lines from an aborted baby in the production of it's inoculation.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
To my knowledge the mRNA vaccines were developed completely synthetically not even using actual virus bodies. Needless to say there is no ’fetus tissue’ in a vaccine that doesn’t even contain actual virus material but only proteins synthesized according to data derived from a map of the virus. Amy involvement of human cell lines is in testing the derived serum.

Christos3

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Christos3: Can you share where did you find the information that Tylenol and Vit D are produced with the aid of fetal cell lines?
Ancient Faith Radio had a special podcast regarding the vaccines. The guest with the Father is a doctor, who is Orthodox. He mentioned Tylenol and Vitamin D during the conversation.

Irened

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOARCH
Ancient Faith Radio had a special podcast regarding the vaccines. The guest with the Father is a doctor, who is Orthodox. He mentioned Tylenol and Vitamin D during the conversation.
I heard it too. I called the manufacturer of my Vit D supplement and they do not use fetal cell lines for their product.

It's called Bio-Tech D3 for anyone interested.

Last edited:

Christos3

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I heard it too. I called the manufacturer of my Vit D supplement and they do not use fetal cell lines for their product.
That is good to know.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
I have my issues with many aspects of GOARCH and the EP but I’m happy to see this ratification of common sense and reason. There are no ‘taints’ of fetal cells in any mRNA vaccines. That blather is the obscurantism flogged by the likes of Fr. Peter Heers.
Not really familiar with Fr. Heers. What is this "obscurantism flogged by..." him that you refer to?

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
If you want to travel freely in society, than its probably a good idea to get vaccinated.
If you are the introvert type and in good health ,then you can skip out and wait and see if there are adverse effects of the vaccine in others.
I personally have a family to feed and have contracted Covid already. So I'm good.
The problem with this virus is that its selective. It may be mild or deadly. It's pretty mysterious as to how it functions.
I wonder if they have done a DNA analysis on those that it affects adversely and I also wonder if they are holding back that evidence.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
If you want to travel freely in society, than its probably a good idea to get vaccinated.
If you are the introvert type and in good health ,then you can skip out and wait and see if there are adverse effects of the vaccine in others.
I personally have a family to feed and have contracted Covid already. So I'm good.
The problem with this virus is that its selective. It may be mild or deadly. It's pretty mysterious as to how it functions.
I wonder if they have done a DNA analysis on those that it affects adversely and I also wonder if they are holding back that evidence.
Are "they" holding back evidence? Probably.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
Are "they" holding back evidence? Probably.
Im sure they know, but its politically incorrect to publish it and I kinda agree with that decision.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
I got to say though. The track and trace team they have was brutal. The minute they got the info I had covid. They tapped my phone and were calling me every time I stepped out the house. I was a prisoner for 14 days. Going to the mail box was a chore.

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Not really familiar with Fr. Heers. What is this "obscurantism flogged by..." him that you refer to?
Look him up on YouTube. But heck, you might be swayed by his cocksureness and dire certainty. I’m not. I knew him as a layman and I’m not impressed by anything he says, even when I agree.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge the mRNA vaccines were developed completely synthetically not even using actual virus bodies. Needless to say there is no ’fetus tissue’ in a vaccine that doesn’t even contain actual virus material but only proteins synthesized according to data derived from a map of the virus. Amy involvement of human cell lines is in testing the derived serum.
It is totally in vitro using highly purified components unlike most vaccines. I am only commenting because it reminds me of a joke when I was a child: Cleanliness is next to Godliness and both are next to Impossible. These vaccines approach what was next to impossible.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Why would you voluntarily edit your child’s DNA when their risk is close to zero with covid? Ill flee America before I let them put that into my kids body.
Why do people have a problem with this vaccine? Probably because the CDC had to change their definition of “vaccine” to include this current COVID gene therapy. Add to that, a lot of us have natural immunity. All the old vaccines worked by giving you a weaker version of the virus so that you could build up a natural immunity to it. What that means is if you’ve had Covid you’ve basically had the equivalent of a traditional vaccine. MRNA “vaccine” have no long term studies in humans. The long term studies of MRNA vaccines in animals are horrifying. If you feel safe taking these vaccines and good for you, but I think they were the product of evil pharmaceutical company so I have no issues with somebody wanting a religious exemption. By taking an MRNA vaccine, you’re essentially a post Homo sapien GMO. Anyone who is uncomfortable for religious, or medical reasons should be exempt with no questions asked. That’s assuming these vaccines work, which is in itself, debatable.

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Why would you voluntarily edit your child’s DNA when their risk is close to zero with covid? Ill flee America before I let them put that into my kids body.
Why do people have a problem with this vaccine? Probably because the CDC had to change their definition of “vaccine” to include this current COVID gene therapy. Add to that, a lot of us have natural immunity. All the old vaccines worked by giving you a weaker version of the virus so that you could build up a natural immunity to it. What that means is if you’ve had Covid you’ve basically had the equivalent of a traditional vaccine. MRNA “vaccine” have no long term studies in humans. The long term studies of MRNA vaccines in animals are horrifying. If you feel safe taking these vaccines and good for you, but I think they were the product of evil pharmaceutical company so I have no issues with somebody wanting a religious exemption. By taking an MRNA vaccine, you’re essentially a post Homo sapien GMO. Anyone who is uncomfortable for religious, or medical reasons should be exempt with no questions asked. That’s assuming these vaccines work, which is in itself, debatable.
What you wrote here is completely inaccurate. mRNA vaccines do not ‘edit your child’s DNA’. The horror story is about the millions of people who will not be getting vaccinated, either out of personal stubbornness or ineffectual distribution of vaccines, and the continued spread and mutation of the novel virus among populations worldwide. I’m disgusted to read the bizarre concatenation of misinformation you’ve posted, especially as you foist it with an air of superior credibility, as far as to call vaccinated people no longer fully human. This is dangerous ideological speech that ought to be corrected.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
It does edit your DNA to have your body produces a foreign spike protein. The only misinformation here is from folks like you who are repeating big pharma talking points. It’s the vaccinated spreading and creating variants. Every single week he vaccine in history, it’s the vaccinated that harbor the new variants. Unless this is the first Leaky vaccine in history that the unvaccinated spread the variants.

do you have chickens? I do.
here’s an article on leaky vaccines before the topic became politicized by big pharma.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
What you wrote here is completely inaccurate. mRNA vaccines do not ‘edit your child’s DNA’. The horror story is about the millions of people who will not be getting vaccinated, either out of personal stubbornness or ineffectual distribution of vaccines, and the continued spread and mutation of the novel virus among populations worldwide. I’m disgusted to read the bizarre concatenation of misinformation you’ve posted, especially as you foist it with an air of superior credibility, as far as to call vaccinated people no longer fully human. This is dangerous ideological speech that ought to be corrected.

PS. I’m not trying to demean or belittle vaccinated people by calling them post human, I’m just stating a philosophical fact that they are post homosapien because they are synthetically producing spike proteins that are not naturally genetic to humans. It’s not a stretch to say that vaccinated person is a GMO. I’m sorry if that offends you or if that upset you but it’s fact. I would never advocate for you to be treated as less than human, but I’m stating things that are true, so there’s no need for a correction. Even some of Pfizer’s own scientists admit natural immunity is better than the MRNA vaccine because you build antibodies for the whole virus, the vaccine only gives antibodies for one portion of the virus, the spike protein.
It’s very ironic that you accuse others of misinformation and you are the one spreading false information on behalf of Billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. I mean this respectfully, Please pursue knowledge that isn’t filtered by Billion dollar corporate media

Last edited:

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
PS. I’m not trying to demean or belittle vaccinated people by calling them post human, I’m just stating a philosophical fact that they are post homosapien because they are synthetically producing spike proteins that are not naturally genetic to humans. It’s not a stretch to say that vaccinated person is a GMO. I’m sorry if that offends you or if that upset you but it’s fact. I would never advocate for you to be treated as less than human, but I’m stating things that are true, so there’s no need for a correction. Even some of Pfizer’s own scientists admit natural immunity is better than the vaccine because you build antibodies for more of the virus than just a spike protein, therefore you’re better protected. It’s very ironic that you accuse others of misinformation and you are the one spreading false information on behalf of Billion dollar pharmaceutical companies. I mean this respectfully, Please pursue knowledge that isn’t filtered by Billion dollar corporate media
This is utter antiscientific twaddle with no factual basis. You are still calling me posthuman participating in elaborating an argument for classifying me and my family as less than human. That’s called ‘Demomization’ and is a trope of racists and fascists everywhere in the last century and more. You need to say less on the subject, not more. Your paranoia regarding the essential evil of medicine in the modern era is also another tell of your orientation toward the fantastic and rejection of convention. I’m sure you claim to be ‘patristically based’ in these prejudices.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
I’m replying with substance, you’re replying with platitudes

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
This is utter antiscientific twaddle with no factual basis. You are still calling me posthuman participating in elaborating an argument for classifying me and my family as less than human. That’s called ‘Demomization’ and is a trope of racists and fascists everywhere in the last century and more. You need to say less on the subject, not more. Your paranoia regarding the essential evil of medicine in the modern era is also another tell of your orientation toward the fantastic and rejection of convention. I’m sure you claim to be ‘patristically based’ in these prejudices.
paranoid? Didn’t Pfizer just recall Chantix that’s been out for 16 years because it causes cancer? How about the pharmaceutical industry pushing opioids that killed a huge portion of my generation including one of my best friends? Our government completely botched the eighth epidemic in the 80s and early 90s? That’s just off the top of my head. If you want to trust billion dollar pharmaceutical companies and that’s on you, but don’t try to push your propaganda on us.
Are there any long term studies of MRNA vaccines in humans? No, only in animals. It takes a lot of nerve to try to push an experimental technology onto the entire population of the planet because it makes you feel safer. There’s no scientific basis for pushing these vaccines because we don’t know the long-term consequences and it’s people like you that are causing this Covid nonsense to continue and go on.

What do you think about my link on leaky vaccines? Nothing to say? You keep using these platitudes on me without addressing any of my arguments. There’s no a single Lieke vaccine in history that the unvaccinated cause variants. Unless you honestly believe the covid vaccine is the first in history that the unvaccinated are causing variants.

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I’m replying with substance, you’re replying with platitudes
You are writing paranoid lies with the false assumption that there is substance behind ‘shedding spike proteins’ and ‘altered DNA’.
I am appalled how deeply the conspiracy mindset has penetrated this forum and every other corner of discourse. You frighten me with your passionate adherence to the world of ‘alternate facts’. The prevalence of such makes me very pessimistic about civilization surviving this epoch.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
You are writing paranoid lies with the false assumption that there is substance behind ‘shedding spike proteins’ and ‘altered DNA’.
I am appalled how deeply the conspiracy mindset has penetrated this forum and every other corner of discourse. You frighten me with your passionate adherence to the world of ‘alternate facts’. The prevalence of such makes me very pessimistic about civilization surviving this epoch.
Do you have anything of substance to say save for bolshevik-style stigmatizing, psychologizing and gaslighting your opponents?

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
You are writing paranoid lies with the false assumption that there is substance behind ‘shedding spike proteins’ amd ‘altered DNA’.
Exactly, you’re using buzz words like “misinformation”, “conspiracy theories” and “alternative facts” to try and belittle me. They’re ad hominem attacks. Noah was a conspiracy theorist until it started to rain.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Thank You! I wanted to bring up the communist tilt to his replies especially because I know orthodox really suffered under those regimes, but I was trying to stay on topic.

PS to NERA, I never mentioned spike protein shedding, That’s not what I’m referring to when I say a leaky vaccine. A leaky vaccine is a vaccine that doesn’t prevent the spread of the virus from the vaccinated.

Last edited:

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Thank You! I wanted to bring up the communist tilt to his replies especially because I know orthodox really suffered under those regimes, but I was trying to stay on topic.

PS to NERA, I never mentioned spike protein shedding, That’s not what I’m referring to when I say a leaky vaccine. A leaky vaccine is a vaccine that doesn’t prevent the spread of the virus from the vaccinated.
So now you typify my opposition to your paranoia as a continuation of a historical program to persecute and exterminate Christians. Been reading heavily into Rod Dreher lately? Because vaccines are the mark of the beast? Because the war my father fought to defeat fascism in Europe was antiChristian? The sloppiness of your ‘argumentation’ is appallingly fascistic.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
So now you typify my opposition to your paranoia as a continuation of a historical program to persecute and exterminate Christians. Been reading heavily into Rod Dreher lately? Because vaccines are the mark of the beast? Because the war my father fought to defeat fascism in Europe was antiChristian? The sloppiness of your ‘argumentation’ is appallingly fascistic.
Boomer talk

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Boomer talk
Wrong generation, groyper. I was born late, and though your tack is insultingly bigoted and unchristian in its echo of the Irishman’s Bolshevism charge, as though to be antifascist puts a person in the ranks of the NKVD, I won’t stoop to your level.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
Wrong generation, groyper. I was born late, and though your tack is insultingly bigoted and unchristian in its echo of the Irishman’s Bolshevism charge, as though to be antifascist puts a person in the ranks of the NKVD, I won’t stoop to your level.
Oh, I very well know what "antifascism" means coming from people like you, given it was one of the founding principles of the DDR tyranny over here. If you seriously think your dad fought for anything close to what is part of our current political agenda he will damn you from his grave.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
“So now you typify my opposition to your paranoia as a continuation of a historical program to persecute and exterminate Christians. Been reading heavily into Rod Dreher lately? Because vaccines are the mark of the beast? Because the war my father fought to defeat fascism in Europe was antiChristian? The sloppiness of your ‘argumentation’ is appallingly fascistic.“

I have no clue what any of that is, but cool strawman.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Good thing that no DNA gets edited in the use of mRNA vaccines. The vaccine components don't even get anywhere close to where one's DNA is.

Anyone who is uncomfortable for religious, or medical reasons should be exempt with no questions asked.
A religious exemption would imply vaccination is incompatible with our faith, which it is not. A medical exemption may be valid (there are plenty of people who cannot be vaccinated, so the rest of us need to protect them too), or not, so questions will be asked.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
The MRNA vaccine doesn’t instruct your body’s cells to produce a foreign spike protein?

Good thing that no DNA gets edited in the use of mRNA vaccines. The vaccine components don't even get anywhere close to where one's DNA is.

A religious exemption would imply vaccination is incompatible with our faith, which it is not. A medical exemption may be valid (there are plenty of people who cannot be vaccinated, so the rest of us need to protect them too), or not, so questions will be asked.
I disagree, I think it’s very incompatible. But obviously that is a subjective opinion.
The vaccines protection at this point are debatable. Places like Vermont are near peak covid infections despite having like a 70% vaccination rate. Israel and England are full of vaccinated people who are getting Covid. Even If it did protect people, id still disagree with you because you don’t know if it’s going to protect people in the long run because there’s no long-term studies. It’s immoral to force people to take a vaccine that has no long-term studies, that’s my opinion.

PS. Sweden Denmark, and Ontario have all banned the Moderno vaccine for teens because it causes heart problems in young people. Three of Pfizer‘s own scientist are on camera saying that natural immunity is better than the vaccine because it protects you from the entire virus as opposed to just a spike protein. Again, they don’t even know what the long term consequences are to these vaccines. All they have is longterm animal studies which had awful conclusions for the animals. Im happy you have access to the vaccine, but there’s no way I’d take it, or let my kids take it. It’s my opinion it’s irresponsible to take these vaccines without knowing the long term effects.

Last edited:

Christos3

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
IMO, one should get the vaccine. If you don't, then have a game plan when you do get the virus.
(always pray)
1. Get tested anytime you have symptoms that resemble Covid-19
2. If positive, DO NOT wait it out. Act fast.
3. Ivermectin, hydoxcloriquene, monoclonal antibody treatments.
4. Watch your oxygen levels.
The goal is to stay out of the hospital.
Other things one can do preventative:
1. Pray daily
2. IF you are fat, lose weight
3. Exercise
4. Take vitamins (C, D, Multi)
5. Take minerals (zinc, magnesium)

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
There's a new vaccine from novavax being tested that isn't based on mRNA but more traditional viral proteins.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
The MRNA vaccine doesn’t instruct your body’s cells to produce a foreign spike protein?
No. It instructs your body's cells to recognise that spike protein when it appears attached to the real virus (which can make you ill) instead of on its own as a vaccine component (which can't).

I disagree, I think it’s very incompatible. But obviously that is a subjective opinion.
Also an irrelevant one. You're not part of the hierarchy responsible for making Church decisions.

The vaccines protection at this point is debatable. Places like Vermont are near peak covid infections despite having like a 70% vaccination rate. Israel and England are full of vaccinated people who are getting Covid. Even If it did protect people, id still disagree with you because you don’t know if it’s going to protect people in the long run because there’s no long-term studies. It’s immoral to force people to take a vaccine that has no long-term studies, that’s my opinion.

PS. Sweden Denmark, and Ontario have all been in the Moderno vaccine for teens because it causes heart problems in young people. Three of Pfizer‘s own scientist are on camera saying that natural immunity is better than the vaccine because it protects you from the entire virus as opposed to just a spike protein.
None of the vaccines currently used claims to completely shield you from infection. They aim to decrease the chances of infection and transmission, and reduce the severity of disease, all of which they are doing pretty well.

Also, subunit vaccines (like those available for polio, hep B, pertussis, tetanus, meningococcus, off the top of my head) work as well as whole virus ones, with the added advantage of being safer for immunocompromised people.