• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

GOARCH and Vaccines

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
I was reacting to the prior eugyppious link you posted. Vaccines do not prevent infection. They can only function after infection. On the other hand, like wearing a mask, you are unlikely to disperse as much virus once infected because you have the antibodies to combat your infection early on.

In regard to Dr. Malone, his accomplishment was incremental - protecting the RNA from degradation. I also have contributions in this story close to its beginning, but my contributions were also incremental.

This is a worthwhile article in regard to Dr. Malone:

I can never tell what is available to the general public. Let me know if you cannot read it without an expensive subscription.
Thanks for the article--no problem freely accessing it. Very interesting.

I was reacting to the prior eugyppious link you posted. Vaccines do not prevent infection. They can only function after infection. On the other hand, like wearing a mask, you are unlikely to disperse as much virus once infected because you have the antibodies to combat your infection early on.
We are in complete agreement that vaccines do not prevent infection. I still contend, however, that getting sick after a vaccination is not irrelevant.

There a some, and I don't have time now to find the citations, that contend that people vaccinated with the Covid vaccines very (?) frequently carry a much higher viral load, especially in their nasal passages, than either the evil unvaccinated people or the dubious survivors of Covid illness, which is used to explain why Covid case rates seem to be increasing in very heavily vaccinated populations. I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of such claims.

In regard to Dr. Malone, his accomplishment was incremental - protecting the RNA from degradation. I also have contributions in this story close to its beginning, but my contributions were also incremental.
Isn't most or at least much of science incremental?

Is what Dr. Malone said in the video posted above incorrect? If so, which parts and how?

Brother Michael

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
Getting sick post vaccine is not an irrelevant point.
Right. But how sick people get is a relevant point.

My 82 year old mother-in-law got the vaccine, then the virus, and she was hospitalized. They told her that if she hadn’t gotten the vaccine she would most likely have died. She is recovering at home, but there has been some loss of sharpness.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Right. But how sick people get is a relevant point.
No question about it. Not only is that relevant but what is also relevant is how many people get sick after vaccination and whether they are transmitting the disease to others or not and with what degree of frequency.

My 82 year old mother-in-law got the vaccine, then the virus, and she was hospitalized. They told her that if she hadn’t gotten the vaccine she would most likely have died. She is recovering at home, but there has been some loss of sharpness.
So glad to hear she is recovering!

Just out of curiosity, does she have other co-morbidities that would have led her doctors to say she would have died had she not been vaccinated?

Not to dismiss or disrespect her hospital care givers but doctors are very often wrong in their assessments about what will happen or what would have happened--something that they couldn't know, anyway.

Dr. Pierre Kory of the FLCCC is highly critical of much treatment, especially early treatment, of Covid, claiming it is not nearly aggressive enough.

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the article--no problem freely accessing it. Very interesting.

We are in complete agreement that vaccines do not prevent infection. I still contend, however, that getting sick after a vaccination is not irrelevant.

There a some, and I don't have time now to find the citations, that contend that people vaccinated with the Covid vaccines very (?) frequently carry a much higher viral load, especially in their nasal passages, than either the evil unvaccinated people or the dubious survivors of Covid illness, which is used to explain why Covid case rates seem to be increasing in very heavily vaccinated populations. I can neither confirm nor deny the veracity of such claims.

Isn't most or at least much of science incremental?

Is what Dr. Malone said in the video posted above incorrect? If so, which parts and how?
I am willing to read a short statement by Dr. Malone as to why his contribution stands out compared to others before and after him. I can provide what I consider two key papers immediately before him and there are more dating back to 1972. I have too short an attention span to sit through an hour video unless it has Carole Lombard or Audrey Hepburn in it (let alone Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire).

I think I found the paper about viral loads in nasal passages :

Brother Michael

Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
So glad to hear she is recovering!

Just out of curiosity, does she have other co-morbidities that would have led her doctors to say she would have died had she not been vaccinated?

Not to dismiss or disrespect her hospital care givers but doctors are very often wrong in their assessments about what will happen or what would have happened--something that they couldn't know, anyway.
Thanks!
Yes, she is also diabetic.
Hmmm, could be the folks on the front lines know more than the researchers.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Uh oh... (Most of what's in this article is gobbledegook to my mis-educated brain. Maybe others smarter than I can understand more than just the "headline" and first paragraph.)
It is a correspondence, which for this journal you are limited to 1200 words including figures, tables and and references. You are also limited to one figure and 10 references. I started out having trouble with Figure 1a so I went to supplementary figure S1 which shows a side and top view of the trimeric S protein. The top view of B.1 (the Wuhan virus which is the basis for our vaccines) shows the main antigenic site (that are immune system recognizes as foreign, leading to antibodies that will recognize it). The point mutations and deletions are clearer in this figure. That is as far as I have time. I coincidentally will be spending the day analyzing some antibodies I recently received.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
It is a correspondence, which for this journal you are limited to 1200 words including figures, tables and and references. You are also limited to one figure and 10 references. I started out having trouble with Figure 1a so I went to supplementary figure S1 which shows a side and top view of the trimeric S protein. The top view of B.1 (the Wuhan virus which is the basis for our vaccines) shows the main antigenic site (that are immune system recognizes as foreign, leading to antibodies that will recognize it). The point mutations and deletions are clearer in this figure. That is as far as I have time. I coincidentally will be spending the day analyzing some antibodies I recently received.
So that which proceeds from the first paragraph is just what is used to validate what is written in the first paragraph. Yes? No? Something else?

Opus118

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So that which proceeds from the first paragraph is just what is used to validate what is written in the first paragraph. Yes? No? Something else?
I did read the first paragraph which basically says that the examination of covid variants is extremely important which prompted the study that follows. The way it was written implies that they think the study is important no matter what the outcome is.

back to work...