• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

GOC-K Synodal document on Free Cohabitation Agreements

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
English translation provided by Father Panagiotes Carras of Canada

On the "Free Cohabitation Agreement" of Homosexuals ...

The Greek Parliament's legislation of the “Free Cohabitation Agreement" of Homosexuals, namely of men with men and women with women, could be characterized as an unprecedented spiritual and national fall.  ...

Instead of strengthening the Divinely founded institution of the family and supporting those few heroic families with many children, this new legislation deals a fatal blow to the Mystery of Marriage and to the family, providing a poor example for our youth in the guise of a putatively legitimate and normal choice of lifestyle.

Immorality is viewed as a natural lifestyle, perversion is recognized as the norm, and what are, according to the Divine Scriptures, dishonorable passions are legalized, supposedly in order to ameliorate the plight of thousands of people who have opted for an unnatural lifestyle, while in fact it is an unprecedented depravity of society.  ...

For this reason, from an ecclesiastical, national, historical, and cultural standpoint, we strenuously oppose and abhor this measure, denouncing before God, men and history the initiators, aiders and abettors of this legal monstrosity which does not bode well for the future of our land, and our once glorious Nation.

The Church of the Genuine Orthodox Christians of Greece under His Beatitude, Archbishop Kallinikos, upholding the Faith and Tradition of Orthodoxy intact and free from innovation, distortion, or adulteration, calls its flock and, more broadly, all of our compatriots to repentance. At the same time, it calls them to spiritual vigilance, resoluteness, and Godly zeal, since we strive to maintain and defend at all costs our Orthodox Faith and our Greek Orthodox ethos in the face of this disturbing trend.

The attempt to render our faithful people and children epicene will not succeed!

"Let us stand well!"

From the Chief-Secretariat of the Holy Synod
December 12/25, 2015
St. Spyridon of Thrimythous, the Wonder-worker
http://ecclesiagoc.gr/index.php/anakoinwseis/859-gia-to-symfono-eleftheris-symviws

NOTE: The above translation from the original Greek has been slightly abridged to comply with copyright rules of this forum. However, the GOC under Archbishop Kallinikos allows the complete copying and reposting of ecclesiastical documents from their site to prevent a document from being taken out of context.

As this is a synodal document, I would suggest that this thread be locked from further comments and/or placed in an area where synodal documents can be placed and where discussion is not allowed.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
You have a different understanding of the copyright rules of the forum than I do.

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
You started a thread, which is intended for conversation according to the rules of this particular forum.  It will be locked only for disciplinary reasons.

Happy Revised Gregorian Calendar Non-Ecclesiastical New Year!

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
You started a thread, which is intended for conversation according to the rules of this particular forum.  It will be locked only for disciplinary reasons.

Though,  technically, 1 January 2016 is really Miquiztli 5, Ehcatl 1, Tecpatl 4 according to the Tonalpohualli Aztec Calendar.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Are they any other active GOC posters on this forum?

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
kelly said:
Are they any other active GOC posters on this forum?
To be honest, I'm not sure I've heard of this bishop before.  So, I don't know if any forum participants are part of his communion.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Unless I have gotten lost in the alphabet soup, GOC-K is the group that the site owner Anastasios is in, so that's at least one more...

(there used to be others, but I don't recall seeing them recently)

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
There was a sententious Darwinist who's also a moderator at a True O forum (I don't remember which one). Was his name Jonathan?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
There was a sententious Darwinist who's also a moderator at a True O forum (I don't remember which one). Was his name Jonathan?
I have no idea about the first part, but yeah there is a Jonathan on oc.net, who is (or was) a mod at the ecafe (username: jgress).

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
I'm so stealing this for future discussions. Thank you, Porter.

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
FatherGiryus said:

Though,  technically, 1 January 2016 is really Miquiztli 5, Ehcatl 1, Tecpatl 4 according to the Tonalpohualli Aztec Calendar.
You started a thread, which started the whole board talking
But you didn't see, that they'd all disagree
You wanted it locked, which started it staying open
And now what you see's, not a lock but a key

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
I'm in support of any cohabitation I don't have to pay for.  Where do I sign?

There is always a price.

Always

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Minnesotan said:
FatherGiryus said:
FatherGiryus said:

You started a thread, which started the whole board talking
But you didn't see, that they'd all disagree
You wanted it locked, which started it staying open
And now what you see's, not a lock but a key
Thanks for the poem.

Probably the kindest post here.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
Mor Ephrem said:

There is always a price.

Always
She's right, you know.

It may not be money, but it could be your soul.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
The real question is, why the GOC-K did not ban their members from attending gay unions? Does that mean they are already controlled by homolobby?

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Maria said:
http://ecclesiagoc.gr/index.php/anakoinwseis/859-gia-to-symfono-eleftheris-symviws
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Web Server at ecclesiagoc.gr
I suspect the hackers have gotten bored of Orthodoxwiki and Ancient Faith.

homedad76

High Elder
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
DeniseDenise said:
Mor Ephrem said:

There is always a price.

Always
She's right, you know.

It may not be money, but it could be your soul.
I am not responsible for the decisions of others who are not under my care.  I can make my opinion known and speak the Truth with love but what others do with it is completely on them.