Good dating websites for Orthodox Christians

Story

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations? Though dating fellow Orthodox would be ideal, I am open to dating other Christians, so it does not have to specifically be an Orthodox site. Theoretically, it doesn't even have to be specifically a Christian site, though I would think it would be advisable.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
I tried eligiblegreeks.com for 3 months.  I walked away empty-handed.  :(

I think someone posted an Orthodox dating site on the singles thread in Orthodox Family Forum.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
SolEX01 said:
I think someone posted an Orthodox dating site on the singles thread in Orthodox Family Forum.
Glad I don't have deja vu for no reason.  :laugh:

I think you're referring to this post...
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,28701.msg1581557.html#msg1581557

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Ainnir said:
SolEX01 said:
Glad I don't have deja vu for no reason.  :laugh:

I think you're referring to this post...
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,28701.msg1581557.html#msg1581557
Thank you for identifying the link.  ;)

Story

Reaction score
OK, so I'm on orthodoxandsingle.com now, but apparently you have to pay for a premium membership to be able to directly message other members...which is frustrating enough that I'm barely willing to give the site much of a chance. That seems to almost defeat the point of a dating site. Maybe I will investigate it a little more, but that just seems ridiculous.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Story said:
OK, so I'm on orthodoxandsingle.com now, but apparently you have to pay for a premium membership to be able to directly message other members...which is frustrating enough that I'm barely willing to give the site much of a chance. That seems to almost defeat the point of a dating site. Maybe I will investigate it a little more, but that just seems ridiculous.
Probably don't have enough traffic to make sufficient revenue off ads, so they have to rely on (hope on?) a membership system to pay the bills?

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Story said:
Add to that the fact they encourage people to involve their priest.  I think that may turn some away. I think it would also be something the priest might be uncomfortable being involved with.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Story said:
Maybe there is a possibility to send some way to contact via gifts or one message daily or something like these? (from my experience from Polish dating websites)

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
There's the Facebook page - Orthodox Christian Singles... that has recently produced two actual engagements.  Give them a try.

Story

Reaction score
Well...I went ahead and bought a subscription to OrthodoxAndSingle since it's relatively cheap and I can afford it. I wonder how this will go.

LizaSymonenko said:
There's the Facebook page - Orthodox Christian Singles... that has recently produced two actual engagements.  Give them a try.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I try to avoid Facebook whenever possible.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
May God guide your search.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Story said:
Anyone have any recommendations?
I believe some large parishes have a social hour after Liturgy.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
There's the Facebook page - Orthodox Christian Singles... that has recently produced two actual engagements. Give them a try.
There have now been actual marriages that have taken place between people who have met on this FB Page. Glory be to God!!!