• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Greek Orthodox priest shot in France by unknown assailant

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been on here in a long while so, to quote "The Arnold " "I'm b a c k!"
Anyways, a priest friend of mine said that the temptation to have relations with female confessors was extraordinary. Women who distressed, see a man (especially if he is very masculine) who is attentive and interested, as someone they could fall for. Add a man that is lonely, stressed, weak etc and its a receipe for...well...this kinda thing. My confessor has a camera in his office now. It protects him and the confessor he says.
Outside of Orthodoxy there brings to mind a few cases of prominent priests that had such circumstances end their ministry. Each of the priests that come to mind were also Television hosts. But presumably their relationships began through spiritual counsel.