Hate

sprtslvr1973

High Elder
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Atlanta
Is it ever OK to let your passions be passions? I am so tired of turning on the TV or radio and hearing how a Muslim militi murdered innocent Christians, Hindus, Animists, Yazid and yes, even Muslims. Moreover, it seems all I hear from Muslims is that this is the fault of the West or the victims themselves. Anjem Choudary, lowlife that he is, is at least honest enough to say that such barbarism is a Muslim's duty.
I am on the verge of giving up an just saying "&^%$ it, let 'em have it."
Hopefully, I will make through a liturgy, confession and communion tomorrow.
 

andrewlya

Archon
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
2,046
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Website
yrm.org
I have studied Quran and read it fully because my ex wanted to convert me. I read it and got put off by the sheer of violence to non Muslims. I constantly hear from Muslims and leftie liberals that Islam is a religion of peace even though Muslims have been fighting since the beginning Muhammad came up with this new religion and they are fighting now. Do people think Muslims conquer Jerusalem and the whole of Middle East, which had been predominately Christian, by kind preaching? It was done by the sword. So I don't understand why they call it a religion of peace, Anjem Choudary who is a real Muslims said that Islam doesnt mean peace it means submission which is what it is from Arabic translation.
 

Luke

Taxiarches
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
7,113
Reaction score
26
Points
48
Islam is a huge religion, so you are going to get all types.  I have to remind myself of that often, because I usually lump them all together and think of them as beings whose life goal is to strap bombs to themselves and blow everybody up.  I do not think all of them are like that, but sometimes it seems that way.
 

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Location
Bulgaria
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
 

andrewlya

Archon
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
2,046
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Website
yrm.org
Vanhyo said:
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
I say love the sinner, hate the sin. Love the Muslims, hate their ideology/religion. Is this a Christian thinking?

I know most Muslims are nice but Islam is not so.
 

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Location
Bulgaria
andrewlya said:
Vanhyo said:
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
I say love the sinner, hate the sin. Love the Muslims, hate their ideology/religion. Is this a Christian thinking?

I know most Muslims are nice but Islam is not so.
Sure, more secular muslims can be nice/friendly people but once they start to take their religion seriously and to follow mohamed as their religion demands, they become like demons.

Its probably fair to say, that secular muslims are "sleeping agents" waiting to be activated
 

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Age
73
Location
Finland
sprtslvr1973 said:
Is it ever OK to let your passions be passions?
I can't speak for others, but being only human/fallen I'm prone to falling victim to the passions, even hatred. No doubt the useful part of this is that one can learn to identify a passion when it arises, to stop/pray before acting on it and with God's help to turn it into something more productive.

In this case, perhaps the most productive response the majority of us non-Muslims can have is not to drive a wedge between ethnic/religious communities by treating every Muslim or every refugee/migrant we come into contact with as a potential terrorist. I'm not suggesting one should naively let down one's guard, only that a hostile attitude isn't very productive. To put it another way, being 'wise as serpents, harmless as doves' seems a good strategy for these times.

 

andrewlya

Archon
Joined
Oct 20, 2011
Messages
2,046
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Website
yrm.org
Vanhyo said:
andrewlya said:
Vanhyo said:
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
I say love the sinner, hate the sin. Love the Muslims, hate their ideology/religion. Is this a Christian thinking?

I know most Muslims are nice but Islam is not so.
Sure, more secular muslims can be nice/friendly people but once they start to take their religion seriously and to follow mohamed as their religion demands, they become like demons.

Its probably fair to say, that secular muslims are "sleeping agents" waiting to be activated
One ex Muslim said that when Muslims start to really read Quran they become 'killing machines'.
Im glad that over a billion Muslims world wide don't follow Quran the way Wahabbis/Salafists do.
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,221
Reaction score
76
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Vanhyo said:
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
Vanhyo,

Despite my clear warning not to discuss Islam in this thread, you did so in this post as well as reply no. 6.  Therefore, I am imposing a twenty (20) point warning. 

If you would like to appeal this decision, please PM me. 

Mor Ephrem, moderator

 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,221
Reaction score
76
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
andrewlya said:
Vanhyo said:
andrewlya said:
Vanhyo said:
Hating islam, the quran, and the abominable mohamedan cult is righteousness.
I say love the sinner, hate the sin. Love the Muslims, hate their ideology/religion. Is this a Christian thinking?

I know most Muslims are nice but Islam is not so.
Sure, more secular muslims can be nice/friendly people but once they start to take their religion seriously and to follow mohamed as their religion demands, they become like demons.

Its probably fair to say, that secular muslims are "sleeping agents" waiting to be activated
One ex Muslim said that when Muslims start to really read Quran they become 'killing machines'.
Im glad that over a billion Muslims world wide don't follow Quran the way Wahabbis/Salafists do.
andrewlya,

Despite my clear warning not to discuss Islam in this thread, you did so in this post as well as reply no. 5.  Therefore, I am imposing a twenty (20) point warning. 

If you would like to appeal this decision, please PM me. 

Mor Ephrem, moderator
 

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
36,221
Reaction score
76
Points
48
Age
39
Location
New York!
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
andrewlya said:
A bit harsh rules here...I do appologise for transgressing.
andrewlya,

Technically, that is also a violation of the rules.  I ought to penalise it, but for now I'm going to pass on that.

What I'd really like you to stop is your pattern of making off-topic remarks and other comments which are not appropriate for the section in which you make them, even after official warnings to stop.  Those general warnings are there so that people get the hint and stop what they're doing so I don't have to warn them.  If I have to warn you anyway, it's because you don't moderate yourself.  If you think I'm harsh, it's because you require it.   
 

sprtslvr1973

High Elder
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Atlanta
Mor Ephrem said:
andrewlya said:
A bit harsh rules here...I do appologise for transgressing.
andrewlya,

Technically, that is also a violation of the rules.  I ought to penalise it, but for now I'm going to pass on that.

What I'd really like you to stop is your pattern of making off-topic remarks and other comments which are not appropriate for the section in which you make them, even after official warnings to stop.  Those general warnings are there so that people get the hint and stop what they're doing so I don't have to warn them.  If I have to warn you anyway, it's because you don't moderate yourself.  If you think I'm harsh, it's because you require it.   
I brought up the issue of Muslims and Islam, not anyone else
 

LukeDM

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2013
Messages
46
Reaction score
14
Points
8
In response to the question, I think that our passions of hatred can become compassionate if we use them correctly. It's easy to see this kind of thing with the cleansing of the temple. As andrew said,
andrewlya said:
I say love the sinner, hate the sin. Love the Muslims, hate their ideology/religion.
Jesus didn't drive the money-changers out because he hated them as persons; He hated what they were doing. Plus, I think Jesus allowed Himself to be led by the All-Holy Spirit much more radically than most of us internet-dwellers do.
It's hard to find any justifiable reaction to hatred when it comes from actions that occur front a great distance away and are reported to us over computers and televisions and phones, however.

Pray.
 

homedad76

High Elder
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
873
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
43
Location
Perrysburg, OH
The problem I have is when people use their hatred of an ideology to support the criminalizing of those who believe in that ideology.  We have a system of laws in this country and last time I checked no police department has a pre-crime division.  I often wonder what people are thinking when they support political candidates who spew statistics about what this or that group is supposedly doing.  What is the end game?  Unless we are willing to start rounding people up for merely supporting crazy ideas we need to stick to the normal route of going after people who actually commit crimes or, at best, are caught planning actual tangible acts.  If we are going to start tracking Muslims because a small percentage are okay with violence with a small percentage of that materially supporting it and another small percentage of that committing it then we better start tracking groups like Skinheads and the Nation of Islam where 100% of them support a dangerous ideology.
 
Top