• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Hello again from a seemingly random jumble of letters

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's been years since I was last here - so long that I've completely forgotten the story behind that bizarre title next to my post. Anyway, I recently passed the 10th anniversary of my Chrismation (in March) and I'm still Orthodox so I thought I'd come back and see what's changed.

I'm hoping that there are still some familiar (and friendly) faces around and that you'll be happy to have me back. I look forward to taking part in the discussions here again and hope you're all well.

James

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Hullo, still a few old times around yet :)  Though I think I went by "Paradosis" back when you joined...

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
hello, unpronounceable friend!
i see u are from the romanian church, are u able to answer my question here:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44041.msg732149.html#msg732149
?

i can't believe u r 'older' than ialmisry, it's a wonder u can still type!
or is the old age tremor that resulted in your user name?
;)

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
mabsoota said:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,44041.msg732149.html#msg732149
?

;)
Nice!

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Hullo, still a few old times around yet :)  Though I think I went by "Paradosis" back when you joined...
I think you had your name change while I was here. Both the old and new look familiar. Is my favourite Serb cheese thief still around? I used to love those ridiculous tongue in cheek arguments about who invented which Balkan food/drink item.

Of course, cascaval is clearly, and undoubtedly, Romanian

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Older than Isa? How's that even possible? ??? Maybe next someone comes out of a closet and starts posting more maps than him.

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
mabsoota said:
?

;)
But it's not unpronounceable, you just need to know the trick to pronouncing it! It really isn't random, but anyway I'm James - the username is just a username (but as a hint - it's two initials and a surname)