Hello - new here

wayseer

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have found my way over here with the help of some friends on another site.

I am Anglican and I studying Theology at Uni.  This last semester we had a Greek Orthodox priest as lecturer and his manner impressed me so much that I attended a Greek Orthodox Church and found that I really enjoyed the Divine Liturgy.

As a result I had several conversation with said priest and am now enrolling in a Orthodox Theological College with the approval of my own Anglican priest.  I am following the path as the present uni course does not pay sufficient attention to the theology of the patristic Fathers, apophatic theology and the part mystery plays in the liturgy.  It is not that I am necessarily thinking of converting but I do think, from my study thus far, that Orthodoxy does hold a deeper appreciation of the Divine Mystery we might call God.

So I will be prowling the boards picking up morsels that fall from the Orthodox table.  And who knows the future?

Lord, in your mercy. 

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
wayseer said:
Hello All,

I have found my way over here with the help of some friends on another site.

I am Anglican and I studying Theology at Uni.  This last semester we had a Greek Orthodox priest as lecturer and his manner impressed me so much that I attended a Greek Orthodox Church and found that I really enjoyed the Divine Liturgy.

As a result I had several conversation with said priest and am now enrolling in a Orthodox Theological College with the approval of my own Anglican priest.  I am following the path as the present uni course does not pay sufficient attention to the theology of the patristic Fathers, apophatic theology and the part mystery plays in the liturgy.  It is not that I am necessarily thinking of converting but I do think, from my study thus far, that Orthodoxy does hold a deeper appreciation of the Divine Mystery we might call God.

So I will be prowling the boards picking up morsels that fall from the Orthodox table.  And who knows the future?

Lord, in your mercy. 

Welcome to the forum!!!  ;D

May God guide your endeavors!

you may also enjoy http://www.monachos.net/ 

smithakd

Reaction score
Website
www.introductiontoorthodoxy.com
wayseer said:

Lord, in your mercy. 
Hi Wayseer,

Welcome to the board, and to Orthodox theology in general!  Great to see others from Australia. :)

I hope that you'll find plenty of 'morsels' in these parts - or, at least, people who are willing to share where more can be found.

Again: welcome!

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :)

May Lord have mercy on your theological studies.

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
welcome wayseer! good to see you over here!
I find this site to be a good refuge from others... You're welcome here!

Reaction score
Welcome, wayseer!

Would it be a great breach of privacy to tell me where you are studying and which priest's lecturing so impressed you? PM would be lovely.

Thomas

Archon
Reaction score
Dear Wayseer , Welcome to the Convert Issues Forum!

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible.

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Welcome to the Forum!

You'll find many "crumbs" of wisdom falling from this table...and if you are watchful, sometimes entire loaves will come your way!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

:)

wayseer

Reaction score
Thomas said:
Dear Wayseer , Welcome to the Convert Issues Forum!

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible.

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator

Thanks you for your welcome and assurance. 

wayseer

Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:
Welcome to the Forum!

You'll find many "crumbs" of wisdom falling from this table...and if you are watchful, sometimes entire loaves will come your way!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

:)
Just what I need - a good feed.  Thank you.