Hello - new here

wayseer

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
77
Location
Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
Hello All,

I have found my way over here with the help of some friends on another site.

I am Anglican and I studying Theology at Uni.  This last semester we had a Greek Orthodox priest as lecturer and his manner impressed me so much that I attended a Greek Orthodox Church and found that I really enjoyed the Divine Liturgy.

As a result I had several conversation with said priest and am now enrolling in a Orthodox Theological College with the approval of my own Anglican priest.  I am following the path as the present uni course does not pay sufficient attention to the theology of the patristic Fathers, apophatic theology and the part mystery plays in the liturgy.  It is not that I am necessarily thinking of converting but I do think, from my study thus far, that Orthodoxy does hold a deeper appreciation of the Divine Mystery we might call God.

So I will be prowling the boards picking up morsels that fall from the Orthodox table.  And who knows the future?

Lord, in your mercy. 

 
 

trevor72694

Archon
Site Supporter
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
2,456
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
26
Location
Colorado, USA
wayseer said:
Hello All,

I have found my way over here with the help of some friends on another site.

I am Anglican and I studying Theology at Uni.  This last semester we had a Greek Orthodox priest as lecturer and his manner impressed me so much that I attended a Greek Orthodox Church and found that I really enjoyed the Divine Liturgy.

As a result I had several conversation with said priest and am now enrolling in a Orthodox Theological College with the approval of my own Anglican priest.  I am following the path as the present uni course does not pay sufficient attention to the theology of the patristic Fathers, apophatic theology and the part mystery plays in the liturgy.  It is not that I am necessarily thinking of converting but I do think, from my study thus far, that Orthodoxy does hold a deeper appreciation of the Divine Mystery we might call God.

So I will be prowling the boards picking up morsels that fall from the Orthodox table.  And who knows the future?

Lord, in your mercy. 

 
Welcome to the forum!!!  ;D

May God guide your endeavors!

you may also enjoy http://www.monachos.net/ 
 

smithakd

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.introductiontoorthodoxy.com
wayseer said:
I am Anglican and I studying Theology at Uni.  This last semester we had a Greek Orthodox priest as lecturer and his manner impressed me so much that I attended a Greek Orthodox Church and found that I really enjoyed the Divine Liturgy.

As a result I had several conversation with said priest and am now enrolling in a Orthodox Theological College with the approval of my own Anglican priest.  I am following the path as the present uni course does not pay sufficient attention to the theology of the patristic Fathers, apophatic theology and the part mystery plays in the liturgy.  It is not that I am necessarily thinking of converting but I do think, from my study thus far, that Orthodoxy does hold a deeper appreciation of the Divine Mystery we might call God.

So I will be prowling the boards picking up morsels that fall from the Orthodox table.  And who knows the future?

Lord, in your mercy. 
Hi Wayseer,

Welcome to the board, and to Orthodox theology in general!  Great to see others from Australia. :)

I hope that you'll find plenty of 'morsels' in these parts - or, at least, people who are willing to share where more can be found.

Again: welcome!
 

IsmiLiora

Archon
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
3,419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
33
Welcome to the forum. :)

May Lord have mercy on your theological studies.
 

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
5,182
Reaction score
0
Points
0
welcome wayseer! good to see you over here!
I find this site to be a good refuge from others... You're welcome here!
 
Joined
Apr 10, 2011
Messages
3,125
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sydney, Australia
Welcome, wayseer!

Would it be a great breach of privacy to tell me where you are studying and which priest's lecturing so impressed you? PM would be lovely.
 

Thomas

Archon
Joined
Jan 14, 2003
Messages
3,014
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Age
69
Location
Temple, Texas
Dear Wayseer , Welcome to the Convert Issues Forum!

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible.

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator
 
 

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
16,279
Reaction score
72
Points
48
Location
Detroit
Website
protectress.org
Welcome to the Forum!

You'll find many "crumbs" of wisdom falling from this table...and if you are watchful, sometimes entire loaves will come your way!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

:)
 

wayseer

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
77
Location
Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
Thomas said:
Dear Wayseer , Welcome to the Convert Issues Forum!

I hope that you will find the Convert Issues forum to be place where you as an inquirer may ask their questions about the Orthodox Faith in a safe and supportive forum.  WE try to provide an understanding of the basic teachings and practices of the Orthodox churches. WE try to keep our answers direct and simple with sources if possible.

For those who are converts, this forum is a safe place to discuss issues that arise after one converts in a safe and supportive forum without retribution or recrimination. WE try to avoid jurisdiction debates and you may find a the topic that will be split and sent the appropriate OC.Net forum to continue the discussion or debate if it strays from the guidelines of our Forum Purpose.

Again I want to welcome you warmly to the Convert Issues Forum and hope you will enjoy your time as a member here.

In Christ,
Thomas
Convert Issues Forum Moderator
 
Thanks you for your welcome and assurance. 
 

wayseer

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
77
Location
Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
LizaSymonenko said:
Welcome to the Forum!

You'll find many "crumbs" of wisdom falling from this table...and if you are watchful, sometimes entire loaves will come your way!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

:)
Just what I need - a good feed.  Thank you.
 
Top