Help with important mail to St. Herman Press

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
I would appreciate opinions on the following text:

Dear administration of the St. Herman Press,

First of all, in the name of all faithful who are eagerly awaiting for news on our dialogue, I would like to express our deep admiration to the zine Death to the World. It has played a part in the conversion of myself and some of my brothers in faith in Brazil, either from a metalhead background (such as myself) or not. We highly appreciate your perspective on reaching out to those who revolt against the world and show them what they long for is pure and simply "the faith that was once for all delivered unto the saints" (St. Jude 1:3).

Living in Brazil, a country where countercultures have thriven for decades, Orthodoxy gets progressively less niche through mission and less than 5% of the population has some level of English knowledge, we have been cultivating for some time the idea of a non-profit Portuguese language version of the zine. We have a handful of people (and wish to gather more) willing to write, translate, review, design and profitlessly publish and distribute a periodical gathering of texts using content, thematics and imagery inspired on Death to the World. This interest crosses at least four jurisdictions among faithful, cathecumens and seekers, but we`re still waiting for our dialogue to look for official affiliation with clergymen, "so [nobody] do anything without the bishop and presbyters" (St. Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to Magnesians, Chapter 7).

As Abbot Damascene and Archimandrite Gerasim have blessed a new generation of Death to the World, we request a blessing to start a new generation, showing Orthodoxy to the second-largest Christian-majority country in the world. There's much work to be done and we're up to discuss the most proper arrangement to carry out this work, your blessing given.

dearly in Christ,

[my full name here]

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Second paragraph:

"Inspired by" not "on".

"catechumens" not "cathecumens"

Overall, well done.