• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Hierarchs Endorse Book of Homilies by Seminary Dean

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Two prominent hierarchs have given their episcopal endorsement to a newly released volume of homilies by The Very Rev. Dr. John Behr, dean of St. Vladimir's. Both Archbishop Demetrios (Trakatellis), primate of the Greek Orthodox Church in America, and also Bishop Maxim (Vasiljevic) bishop of the Western American Diocese of the Serbian Orthodox Church in North and South America, offered praises, printed on the back cover of The Cross Stands, While the World Turns: Homilies for the Cycles of the Year, released this month."

http://www.svots.edu/headlines/hierarchs-endorse-book-homilies-seminary-dean

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Is this common, or does it mean they really, really approve of this collection?

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Is this common, or does it mean they really, really approve of this collection?
I do not know why they endorsed this book, nor whether it is common. OTOH, I was privileged to hear a lecture by him and I have got to say that he is truly gifted.