• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Hoviv ( shepherd ) has gone

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
He, Hoviv, (he's a McNabb) didn't wake me at 6:00 as usual, Thrusday morning, didn't get off his bed when I came down, didn't eat, did come out with me to the Hot Tub but just lay in the shade, I called him to come so we could get in the truck he came up to the kitchen about 10 feet and fell then called to me to come, I text the girls, he started to die, I told him: No Hoviv don't please don't the girls are coming so he waited ~ Yerazel arrived first, she got him to his bed that she placed on the kitchen floor ~ Yerani came, we were on the floor with him petting and rubbing, talking to him and he slowly went I begged him not to go, he died there with us crying after him,

I took him down and the next day Yerazels, we buried him at her place,,, I miss him so much it's terrible ~ my heart feels like it's breaking ~ he's not here with me ~ you can't know, I can't help crying, I love him so I didn't know how much ```

wanted to post a picture but having trouble ```

Stinky

Reaction score
Lord have mercy. Comfort these who mourn the loss of your beautiful creation. Bring your peace Lord.

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I had no idea how much he meant to me ~ you know some times it was like a burden, I wasn't always happy and kind, he never held it against me ~ like he wanted to get up on my lap big as he was I would let him come up only half way ~ he wanted to cuddle, I didn't always let him, always cuddled me when I needed ~ How could he know how much I love him, I didn't know ~ I've been so, I don't know, stupid ~ I feel lost and broken without him ```

When he preformed at State Fair it looked as if we were smart for having trained him ~ it was all him he was brilliant and loved to make us happy ``

He was the show star for Nevada Service Dogs ```

Dog demo Service
Dog demo Service
Dog demo Service

Dog demo Service

Dog demo Service

Stinky

Reaction score
My heart aches for you. Tears. I don't understand anything but we don't know the strength our own love until we have this loss. When we live and move about daily we take our closest loved ones for granted as if they are a member of our own body. One day they are gone and it's as if a hand or food has been severed. There's an ache and a stab that catches our breath. Every move brings reminders. Every glance and smell and season brings new ache. Someone said grieving is having all that love inside us aching to be let out, to be shared . It builds up pressure which wants to explode.
Thank you for the videos. God bless you and all of us who grieve. Deep breath.

Tzimis

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a dog for 14 year. He became a part of the family. Unfortunately he passed and it was almost as devastating as loosing a family member. I'm not going to say memory eternal because it is a dog, but its a loss non the less. A replacement may fill the wound. When you're up to it.
Sorry for your loss.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
I am so very sorry for your loss... and it truly is a loss, that leaves a void. Rest assured that God loves all His creatures, even the furry ones... and He has a plan for them.

If anything, remember that he did not suffer. He was here, and then he was gone. That is the a gift in itself. He was not hit by a car, or suffered a long illness.... he simply passed away surrounded by those he loved, and who loved him.

May the Lord comfort you at this time of loss.