• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

how Apostasy is tied to temporary leaving inchurched life?

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
aside the theoretical definition of apostasy, here I am reffering in the question to traditional believers lifestyle, no sacred life or no devoted inchurched life at least atending once a week on Liturgy ... is this Apostasy, the measure would be once one has take the prayer rope I know is utmost dangerous to let it go stil not sure whether even that is considered an apostasy!?

because some personal issues I've remove myself for few years from Inchurched Life which by all means I know is wrong and as I am familiar in the Early Church if someone was apsent for one month from the service he was removed as member from the Church , but as we know this nowadays is rare thing, still knowing how far one can fell without stable liturgical life one question these three years constantly pops up in mind ? am I in apostasy am I in prelest amI delusional that I waiting the right circumstances so I would again become regular devoted meme\ber of the Church!?​

I'll ask dont ask for reasons why I am in this position, its personal matter, I know I am suffering even on right path like this to damnation, and altho I had have own peace still when provoked because dont have at the moment the personal prayer i even sweared in this Holy Week hm from time to time exactly on Holy Days temtations will popup and normally without all the spiritual armor on myself I'll drop even in fight, simply we live in the last times so for many its hard to get back on the track when they will fell, still I dont dispear I'll get back on my feet again, the problem is that temptations are piling when still inbetween ...

Please Say Prayer for me because I've swearing this week, think this is huge mistake right after Easter, even do in alcoholised state while trying to avoid further attacks on me simply found some kind of defocusing from the argue throwing my rage to the secrete service instead to fight back to my relative directly in same manner ...

Nikola

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
Just repent and come back. Christ and His Church will welcome you back with open arms. Confession and Communion are restorative. When you fall, get back up. That's our task til the end of our lives.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity. Proverns 24: 16 NIV. We turn away from Our Creator in our heart when we sin. Daily we turn back to God.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@PorphyriosK @Stinky Thanks for the courage yes I know that very quickly one can restore his calmness and back on the right track at least seeing again Joy in and from the Litugical Life that is more sweeter than honey when is lived with watchful temper (between the nous and temptations thus as less as possible living in sins) so one would as clean as possible Praise Our Almighty Lord an feat that is not at all hard if it is done as Church together when we all in one voice sing, altho octave or two lover than the Choir so it wouldnt be like worldly concert, hm still even that is not mistake for Holidays as moment of Joy and what to say when few times I was witness on such spectacles once in Vranje Serbia and once in Moscow Russia I've understood what Communia is ... and not just that all Church sang together in Ismailovo but they were yelling at moments Glory To Our Lord (probably because is the most dangerous borough in Mosocw so there is need for higher vibe) one need to see such exaltation so it would sense what really means to be Christian Infantry as Laos if we accept that Monasticism is Christian Spiritual Artillery ...

anyway I didnt got direct answer, am I now in apostasy living like traditional believer!?

Thanks again for the support ...
Nikola

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
How can I judge that? Ask a priest.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
How can I judge that? Ask a priest.
I am not asking this from personal perspective so priest would diagnose me through confession ... let me paraphrase the question is someone whose got inchurched after that when is distancing himself from the inchurched life is that considered by the Church Fathers as apostasy!? its some sort of modern asketic penance (Saint Mary of Egypt pops to mind) till I get back to My Spiritual Father ...

for sure as selfimposed measure is wrong but how to go on Liturghies if You was high or doped in meantime for me its utmost wrong unconfessed to loosen and Praise Our Lord as such filthy soul its almost as going to someones Home as guest with mud and dust, yet I know that is wrong to ask regarding sins what is good spiritual practice, stil if this position of mine is labeled as apostasy then I can speed up my run even do like that I can fell out even more because the road ahead is not certain, but is it for anyone. up and down till our spiritual maturity ...

Last edited:

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
Is your question this:
If one turns away from the Orthodox church for another church ( Catholic, protestant) or to another religion ( Buddhist/ Muslim), or a false path, doctrine, way, or teaching, it is apostasy; but is choosing to live in carnal sin and outright selfish living called "apostasy"?

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@Stinky Thanks this is good suggestion, can You provide source?​

anyway think I am not abolisher syncretiser or heretic, altho living without high lifted shield of Prayers through Inchurched Life so not rarely I can loosen and start to flirt with the idea to be more apealing to the modern mind that is attracted by taboos and here and there I've used vedic points so I would suggest to people see even pagans are aware that lusty life is wrong [1] altho not rarely avoiding to throw harsh judgement on vedists as pagans and usually trying to find excuse why I was using such allegory saying that we have through Patriarch Noah same monotheistic root but they went out in apostasy and started making idols from some indian hermits, this is just reflex from some suggestion by Elder Cleopa that Our Lord on the Final Judgemnt will judge pagans by consciousness of right and wrong as those who didnt recognize Him ... on other hand I am not at all polite to neopagans especially freemasons because their fallen ideals are hidden and people way too late are finding out for it [2] aside the fact that as ex-christians they are big time apostates who are worst even from heretics as neopagans!

~

maybe for me applies this remark​

but is choosing to live in carnal sin and outright selfish living called "apostasy"?
but isnt nowadays most of the world in this or similar kind of prelest, even many in the Church, tho what is not at all strange how is prophetized by the Abba Ischyrion one of the Early Church Fathers ...

now think I am from no use without Inchurched Life, and carnal sin would be maybe that I was trying to influence people not to judge but seek solutions as zoonpoliticons, still blowing in the wind is mostly waste of time because people simply are stuck like me waiting for the right moment to act, almost like toltecs or budists when thy are in state of do'nothing instead engaging on right place with right strength, from my point engaging at least on debate asking for participatory democracy [3] but instead that fakebook tilting became trivial norm SO my attempt for the past three years was futile, altho in the way I stir the local community on such stunt [4] probably it was expected many to retract. but all, hm that just wasted my time extra and nothing else aside the fact that it had rong side effect as temptation people to ridicule if not condemn me simply because the topic in question wasnt debated so it would be weighed in right manner, still think it was noble idea and somehow blueprint how further they should strive for change instead again and again pushing through street riots and revolutions to make better society!

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
Whatever category the sin, the remedy is repentance, confession, church attendance, active in sacraments, love for God and fellow man.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
is this Your rhetoric question or is taken from somewhere, if so please point where ...

but is choosing to live in carnal sin and outright selfish living called "apostasy"?

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
@Zelenikovo I'm sorry, but we seem to be experiencing a significant language barrier. I can see you have good things to say but I'm having trouble translating most of it.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
If you have been baptized into the Orthodox Church... then even if you have strayed... you can be taken back by partaking in a Holy Sacrament - Confession.

There is no sin God cannot forgive... and God desires the salvation of every soul.

Do not be afraid, do not drown in guilt... If you have sinned, repent... and come back.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
up and down and up ... for almost 20 years now I am aware how this process goes, what I am still not aware is whether apstince from Inchurched Life for few years is considered apostasy, eventually when Believer sin he is til some extent in apostasy as felling apart from the Grace, but one thing is temporary position another not taking part in The Sacred Misteries for so long altho from time to time when I can I am attending Services and Liturgies ...

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
That would depend on the reason you stepped away from church. Did you disagree with the teachings? Did you stop believing in God? Did you argue with the priest? Did you move away for work and there was no church nearby? Did you marry outside of the Church and choose to attend another place of worship?

There are many reasons a person would "leave" the Church...

The main thing is... at this point in your life... do YOU WANT to come back? Whatever happened in your history, is just that... history. Do you repent of any wrongs... and have a true desire to return?

If so... there is nothing holding you back.

Granted, if you have committed some great sin such as murder, you will need to confess it, and if the priest assigns penance, or abstaining from the Eucharist, you will have to wait out that time.

However, that does not bar you from attending services, praying together, listening and learning the Gospel, etc.

Come back.... take that first step... do not be ashamed or afraid... come back.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@LizaSymonenko none of the numbered, simply I fell in a trap and after the same was prolonged due to various reasons, most of all because my Spiritual Father is not close to me so I am waiting till then to clean my soul and start again Inchurched Life, the question is think simple is this my position apostasy as someone who for few years is by himself removed from the Holy Mysteries ...

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
Ask the nearest orthodox priest these questions in confession. Then when you find your Spiritual Father, bring him up to date.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@Stinky logical solution but even that is complicated because if I will not focus on regular Liturgical Life the situation could get even worse, and this already happened twice ... Glory To Our Lord For Everything That was is and will be because everything we had have earned rightly, noone suffers by misfortune and above all all temptations are because our Salvation we need just to strive for Patience that brings Calmness what is the essence for Salvation ... if You compare how strict typicons existed in the Early Church this my behavior would be for sure considered as apostasy, what is comforting tho is that we live in the last times so what is crucial is people not to despair or open room for haterate in their hearts simply Dont Judge and You'll Be Not Judged ...

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Yes
May you find the answers you seek in God's peace.

Zelenikovo

Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
Thanks for the Condolence ... Let Your Prayer Be Listened ... because if I dont focus again on Prayer Contemplation either through Liturgical Life or by feat in solace I could slept over extra time that have in front of me for Salvation, I know just that every second is counted of our lives along every fiber of our hairs, yet this world just by tv or net adiction knows to throw people in chamotenje (bordome) or uninie (from slot to melancholy till despondency) and as could be seen from this last link this is mortal sin too, now per'se I am nor bored nor in depression altho from time to time because loosen faitful life know to dive deep if not in sins in sinful thoughts so it could be said I am on the edge to forgot on the Salvation I need just to take the remote control and 24/7 surf through the cable'tv luckily I have only dreambox at the moment with just 5 channels receivable (issue with the old soft update that I can manage it by myself and not willing to hand it over to service its complicated :) )

... exactly I've escaped easily that tv'trap, but on other hand I am tied to computer because my work (tho still trying to seat and engage in) so I am spending 24/7 of my time on net, at least not on fakebook or similar soc.networks where the burning of the soul is guaranteed when voyaerism will hit and it hits if we know eg. the fakebook roots [1][1] so instead that I am diving in eForum debates mostly on technical matters trying to be from some use to our collective consciousness if not society civilization togetherness, namely even I am wasting time in vain (while things again reorder in right manner) at least I am not spending my free time on chit chating or fun altho it could be argued that even focused eFroum debate could be joyful thing as exploration and learning through eforum blogging if not debate on some meaningful topic, still what I've found tho is that we are all tied even there (here) like in fractal spiritual stew especially noticeable that like that people are sharing also their vibe, strangely most as fried by sexuality are even in dreams misused by demons in this manner, its hilarious what happens on fakebook, aside that as vampires someone is constantly sucking others, I mean its good soc.network for closed loop of friend and family but as we know people are extra exposed to one another through liking thus attention grabbing is imminent and eventually stocking follows etc etc. simply its worst place first for the sick people but also healthy its energy sink parexcalance almost like constant bangee jumping ...

anyway free will and capitalism as stewalism and it is at it is for all of us ... the problem in this respect (as I stuck in e-life) that along with devoted personal Prayer Life as feat in solace driven like that in parallel throws me in zealotry if not white monastic alike lifestyle, what I've experienced it earlier in my life and must say is wrong by all means in these modern times becoming moral judge on level of sword tongue, imagine You live like modern hermit somehow but in same time going out in town (in this case internet is such down town walk) wrong wrong wrong, so I am avoiding to behave like devoted believer while tied to computers in my life (as I know to tie myself) altho dont means other cant try but have in mind when temptations start pouring as in ayce place [1][1] in this respect is extra helpful Inchurched Life and as balance that is good option, but as I said now I have as location so as prelest issues (started without blessing patronizing others what they should do pointed above its question about Marijuana even trowed some info on this eForum) so I am on tin ice and just Hope I'll be soon again on my road back to Life focused foremost on Salvation and living from the nature for the nature, tho this momentum last from season to season for three years now in a row, and must say covid'19 got good half of it, at least I am not smoking anymore and left the city, will see whether I'll drop out from eForums soon too ...