• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

How are things going for you?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
THIS POST HAS BEEN edited SO AS TO REMOVE that WHICH WAS previouSLY here. Sorry!

lovesupreme

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
It would be nice if things were better, but I'm not sure if I can keep chasing the proverbial carrot on the stick.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
As I texted my wife this morning, "Feeling now lower than I ever thought possible. Not an acute feeling, just total."

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Life's been pelting me with everything she has over the last few months, but still beats the alternative.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
As I texted my wife this morning, "Feeling now lower than I ever thought possible. Not an acute feeling, just total."
*hug* I know the feeling, man.

Peacemaker

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Extremely nerve racking. I have 14 days left until I leave the world for good and spend the rest of my life in a monastery on the other side of the country away from everyone I've ever known and in a place I am unfamiliar with. You wouldn't believe the temptations and thoughts and outright craziness the devil throws at you when he knows you are going off to serve God as a monastic.

Please pray for me

Skydive

High Elder
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
Extremely nerve racking. I have 14 days left until I leave the world for good and spend the rest of my life in a monastery on the other side of the country away from everyone I've ever known and in a place I am unfamiliar with. You wouldn't believe the temptations and thoughts and outright craziness the devil throws at you when he knows you are going off to serve God as a monastic.

Please pray for me
there is no devil.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Skydive said:
there is no devil.
Not helping...

Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
Lord have mercy!

Peacemaker please pray for me as well. For it is hard to be patient...

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
I really do hope the persona you use here is entirely constructed for your online amusement.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Skydive said:
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
there is no devil.
Lol.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
Lord have mercy.

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Skydive said:
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
there is no devil.
That's funny. First thing a demon says!

LenInSebastopol

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:
Please pray for me
Prayers said this very day for you.
Kyrie.

PS: It certainly seems like you are leaving a lot behind.....you're not.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Skydive said:
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
there is no devil.
Lol.
The Evil One is laughing too.

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on your servant Peacemaker.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
Lord, have mercy!

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
lovesupreme said:
Dang. I really wanted to know.  :-\
Sorry, I had just given too much personal info and had to think about what I might say (if anything). Basically I had a horrible 6-8 says, just depression+apathy and whatnot, but this time also (it seems) some partial seizures. I'm feeling back to my norm now though, and was even mildly happy for about 20 minutes yesterday (I think it was), so things are looking up. Sorry to hear about your own state, as well as that of the others...

sakura95

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Life's usually quite boring for me overall. Boring lectures, seminars and projects to fulfill.

Aside from that I got some mortgage issues to deal with(nothing particularly severe) which my friend's involvement created some complications, at least for him anyways. Anyhow, this is not the place for me to pour out my personal issues so I would leave it at that.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Antonis asked me this question the other day and got more than he bargained for.
Heavy is the head that bears the crown.  ;)

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
How are things going for me? Okay, I guess. I'm a little tired and depressed, but that's nothing new.

Alxandra

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Currently studying but I would really love to have a family..I know I'm young, but my heart desires to give my life to a husband and children that serve Jesus. I sometimes feel like college is wasting my time but this is wrong because I should be thankful. Please pray for me to have patience. :)

Minnesotan

Archon
Reaction score
Feeling sick today (a pretty bad sore throat this morning, had to call in to work. It's a little better now but I'm far from out of the woods).

If I'm feeling better by this Friday, there's a pretty good chance I might be attending my first Liturgy (it's in the afternoon and I don't have any other commitments yet with work, family, etc.) It'd be at St. Mary's Coptic in West St. Paul. It's 4 hours long (goes from 12:30 to 3:30). Now, of course, is especially timely because of what happened in Libya last month.

eddybear

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Worn out, struggling to help my wonderful wife whose ME & depression really sucks at the moment, parents both got health issues, someone I know from church died suddenly on Saturday night...but on the plus side I managed to get to DL for only the 2nd time on Sunday and just love being able to spend time in God's presence.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Peacemaker said:

Please pray for me
Chin up, you'll be dead soon.

Lord, have mercy on Peacemaker as he dies to the world.

Gebre Menfes Kidus

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, this sums it up for me:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,63861.0.html

Thank you for asking. Hearing about other people's struggles makes me realize that I'm not alone, and that my problems are not as bad as they seem sometimes. Lord have mercy on us all. +++

(And thanks again to The Trisagion for his encouragement.)

Selam

Skydive

High Elder
Reaction score
Why is it that we don't hear of any Orthodox being content, happy, doing well?

clap your hands if you know that happiness is the truth

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Skydive said:

IRL, plenty.  On the internet, not so much. 

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Skydive said:
Those are three different things. Which one are you interested in?

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Skydive said:

Because no matter where we are, we know much... much better is coming and the mention
hecma925 said:
Chin up, you'll be dead soon.
is a uplifting one.

And by the way..... happiness isn't the truth... Christ is the Truth.

Being happy clappy didn't save anyone ever.