• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

How do orthodox deal with demonic activity?

muskogee22

BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Sunni Muslim
Jurisdiction
strict Hanafi
I was born a baptist but went to catholic school and became a Catholic .in my twenties I left christianity for 3 yrs and became a hindu.after I returned to Christianity in the form of orthodoxy I have been dealing with demonic activity in a sleep paralysis state .it's getting worrying now as the other day I was choked by a demon.they are really angry I have become a christian and they would send me dreams that were telling me to come back to my old guru Nithya Ananda.after that failed many times they are now In full attack mode but here's the thing ,it stops when I call on Jesus OR I don't sin by smoking and I pray to Jesus beforehand to protect me.

How would the orthodox help in this regard besides avoiding sin and having a active prayer life?

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
Ask your priest. There are a lot of exorcist elements in the Liturgy and I think the prayers over a catechumen are exorcist too, as well as there are exorcisms prior to baptism.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Have your home blessed. Talk to your priest. Pray to Saint Paisios. 🙂
Quitting smoking is just a good idea. And address the sleep paralysis practically, too. That can just be its own thing.

Lord, have mercy.

melkite

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Jurisdiction
Eparchy of Newton
Ask your priest. There are a lot of exorcist elements in the Liturgy and I think the prayers over a catechumen are exorcist too, as well as there are exorcisms prior to baptism.
Does Orthodoxy have something similar to a rite of exorcism like in the Latin church? I haven't been able to find this out online, and I never think to ask the priest about this when I'm at church.

muskogee22

BANNED
Reaction score
Faith
Sunni Muslim
Jurisdiction
strict Hanafi
Thank you for the replies .I will go to my local tewahedo parish and ask them about this .my maternal ancestors were the top voodoo doctors In Louisiana and my mom told me they probably offered their descendants to Satan for their powers so that I have to be extra careful about going into occult religions like hinduism.the hindu sect I was in also worshipped Shiva Wich satanists like the JOS and the church of Ahriman say is Satan .I came to Christianity because a angel in a dream warned me I was worshipping Satan.I won't go Into the details of that dream though .

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
Thank you for the replies .I will go to my local tewahedo parish and ask them about this .my maternal ancestors were the top voodoo doctors In Louisiana and my mom told me they probably offered their descendants to Satan for their powers so that I have to be extra careful about going into occult religions like hinduism.the hindu sect I was in also worshipped Shiva Wich satanists like the JOS and the church of Ahriman say is Satan .I came to Christianity because a angel in a dream warned me I was worshipping Satan.I won't go Into the details of that dream though .
I am not sure how the Tewahedos handle this, I read that they have church-sanctioned witch doctors. Can somebody tell me something about this?
Maybe you should go to a Chalcedonian church instead.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
If witch doctor = herbalist, I'm not sure that's really shocking.