• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

How do you block someone?

Porter ODoran

Toumarches
Reaction score
Truly he is risen!

Believe it or not, you have to go to your own profile. At the left, the bottom-most option in a list is "Buddies/Ignore List." Click this and, toward the top of the page it brings up, look for the orange-colored button named "Edit Buddies" -- next to that is a nearly-invisible button named "Edit Ignore List" -- click it. Now you'll find at the bottom of the page that brings up a search box labeled "Member:" -- type in the member you wish to ignore and click "Add".

Be aware that ignoring a member with this forum software does not actually hide the member's posts, but merely collapses them.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Lol!!!!

How do you ignore your neighbor?

Christ is Risen!

Not sure who mocks the phrase more using it in their posts, you or Isa.

Orthonorm:

Indeed He is Risen!

The General Forums, including this Technical Forum, permit "[d]iscussion, no debates or polemics.  These are information-only sections, with relevant discussion of topics permitted."

This is way beyond the pale, and you have crossed the line by pontificating in a holier-than-thou way in this of all fora.  Since you cannot control your desire to act as the self-appointed conscience of the forum, even when (and often when) it is wildly inappropriate to do so, I am forced to control your desire myself.

Your long experience here counsels that the correction should be commensurate to your knowledge and experience here.  Accordingly, I am setting your warning level at 50%.

Should you wish to appeal, please PM me.

Yurysprudentsiya

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Porter ODoran said:
Am I mistaken that this is the Technical Help forum?
Technically I am not sure help is possible for what is truly needed.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
What does the green "Watched" mean?
The OC.net Intelligence Service has bugged your computer and your domicile.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
hecma925 said:
Marc1152 said:
What does the green "Watched" mean?
The OC.net Intelligence Service has bugged your computer and your domicile.
It's all that Trotskyist newspaper-hawking from the 80's that keeps raising alarm bells.

homedad76

High Elder
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Porter ODoran said:
Am I mistaken that this is the Technical Help forum?
Technically I am not sure help is possible for what is truly needed.
And sometimes not having to see pointless posts by people with a superiority complex is exactly what is truly needed.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Lol!!!!

How do you ignore your neighbor?

Christ is Risen!

Not sure who mocks the phrase more using it in their posts, you or Isa.
No kidding.

Marc1152

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Yes, well.... Norm has a little green watched thingy under his swastika, so I was just curious. 

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Marc1152 said:
Yes, well.... Norm has a little green watched thingy under his swastika, so I was just curious.
watched has replaced warned