Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
NicholasMyra said:
Asteriktos said:
NicholasMyra said:
Please take the masturbation cuckhold herman off of facebook. It's not funny and crosses the line.
I'm not sure that I understand how it is any more offensive a thing than several other things that are discussed, sometimes in detail, around these parts  ???
I said off of the facebook, not off of here. Although I don't think it's particularly funny either way.
And somewhat redundant- we already have this brilliant number that said all that really need be (if that!) said on the issue:

FormerReformer said:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
podkarpatska said:
Just my opinion, but it seems like Herman has run his course.....
But there's only a few days of Lent left to make fun of other Orthodox people.
I'm not Orthodox, so I don't feel compelled to follow the same calendrical restrictions :)  I've flirted with making an "Atheist Alex" thing, but I don't think it'd work out. There'd be a lot of material to work with, but putting it on this site seems like a strange idea, and I couldn't put it on an atheist site because there is geranlly far too much intolerance in such places.

NicholasMyra said:
I said off of the facebook, not off of here. Although I don't think it's particularly funny either way.
Seems to me it'd make more sense the other way around. So someone comes across something on facebook that is offensive... so what? But if it really is offensive and they come across it on a forum dedicated to Orthodoxy, well doesn't that reflect poorly on the forum, and perhaps drive them away? But then I don't think it's offensive, so for me it's not really an issue. But if it's gonna make people mad then I'll cease and desist.

FormerReformer said:
And somewhat redundant- we already have this brilliant number that said all that really need be (if that!) said on the issue:
True. I hadn't remembered that one.

jckstraw72

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Cognomen said:
podkarpatska said:
ok -- how about this: most of these Hyperdox Herman jokes are wildly exaggerated (if not completely made up) caricatures invented by the lukewarm to make themselves feel better ( :eek:)

Internet Ignatius :

Thinks faithful convert lacks the Orthodox ethos.

Reduces every doctrine he doesnt personally like to theologumena.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
jckstraw72 said:
ok -- how about this: most of these Hyperdox Herman jokes are wildly exaggerated (if not completely made up) caricatures invented by the lukewarm to make themselves feel better ( :eek:)
For me, this thread is quite biographical/autobiographical in nature, and hits quite close to past experiences of mine. I won't mention which ones so as not to cause further scandal :police:

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
jckstraw72 said:
Cognomen said:
podkarpatska said:
Or- its a bunch of hyperdox making fun of themselves- as *tos has suggested. Anyone who devotes as much time to an Orthodox forum as most of the posters on this thread don't get to duck the label.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
I wish people would do more of the Helpmeet Helena ones, and use the picture, so I could stare into her sweet, submissive eyes.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
vamrat said:
I wish people would do more of the Helpmeet Helena ones, and use the picture, so I could stare into her sweet, submissive eyes.
Just save it to your hard drive and use it as your wallpaper like I did bro!

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
vamrat said:
Just save it to your hard drive and use it as your wallpaper like I did bro!
I bet Herman did the same...

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
I couldn't put it on an atheist site because there is geranlly far too much intolerance in such places.
LOL. Thank you for confirming my stereotype of Atheists.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Alpo said:
JamesR said:
I'd personally like to focus more on Cradle Christopher...
Why? Herman is funnier.
I don't know. I guess because I see more Cradle Christophers at my Parish than I do Hyperdox Hermans, so, it might be more interesting for me.

Papist

Toumarches
Reaction score
Maybe some of us Latin Catholics who love the TLM need a Traditionalist Thomas or something. :)

And for the "Orthodox in communion with Rome crowd", we need a Byzantine Bob.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Also, how about an Agnostic Arnold? You know, one of those soft-hearted, humanistic people who always talk about how there is so much we do not know about in the world. And a Baptist Bob!

Ortho_cat

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Papist said:
Maybe some of us Latin Catholics who love the TLM need a Traditionalist Thomas or something. :)

And for the "Orthodox in communion with Rome crowd", we need a Byzantine Bob.
this has potential...

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
lol Baptist Bob

'Believes in interpreting the Scriptures literally

...Jesus was being metaphoric when He told St. Peter the gates of Hades would never prevail against the Church'