• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Hyperdox Herman

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Finally, something for the rest of us! I mean, he's terrifying, sure, but at least he's here...  ;)

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Firstly - with Syrians/Indians (Dec 25), then - with Armenians (Jan 6), then - with Copts, Ethiopians and Eritreans (Jan 7), and finally, with Old Calendar Armenians (Jan 19).

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Michał Kalina said:
Firstly - with Syrians/Indians (Dec 25), then - with Armenians (Jan 6), then - with Copts, Ethiopians and Eritreans (Jan 7), and finally, with Old Calendar Armenians (Jan 19).
Ah, OK. I figured it would have something to do with the various calendars across different OO jurisdictions. I was just a bit confused because typically we don't celebrate the nativity on separate dates with our sister OO Churches.

Anyway, good meme. :)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Severian said:
Cyrillic said:
Could you explain?
Sure, before Chalcedon everyone recited the 325 version. Ever read the acts of Ephesus I? The 381 version was rescued from oblivion by Marcian and his officials to show the council fathers that changes could be made to the creed and that even a new creed could be created.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
I'm afraid to use that meme. Severian will hit me.

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Cyrillic said:
Severian said:
Cyrillic said:
Could you explain?
Sure, before Chalcedon everyone recited the 325 version. Ever read the acts of Ephesus I?
I thought it was Peter the Fuller who first implemented the recitation of the Nicene-Constantinopolitan creed? Are you sure our recitation of the full creed has to do with Chalcedonian influence?

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Severian said:
Cyrillic said:
Severian said:
Cyrillic said:
Could you explain?
Sure, before Chalcedon everyone recited the 325 version. Ever read the acts of Ephesus I?
I thought it was Peter the Fuller who first implemented the recitation of the Nicene-Constantinopolitan creed? Are you sure our recitation of the full creed has to do with Chalcedonian influence?
I'm pretty sure that without Chalcedon we'd sing the 325 one.

(PS: my previous post was edited)

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
I know, when I saw those signs in Modern Warfare 3, I paused to look at them, laughed, then died (due to being shot by other players). For being in a video game that is serious in it's content, it is pretty hilarious.

i'm surprised they didn't put up signs that said "Women must wear long skirts at all times" like at the real Meteora monasteries.