• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Hyperdox Herman

William T

Archon
Reaction score
Agabus said:
-CIA says Russia interfered in U.S. elections.
-"Glory to God!"
If that's the case, we now have a century long tradition of some wide-eyed, bat crazy groups in America who willingly love being subverted, useful idiots of Russia.  History is amusing if nothing else.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
That goes for most of the inhabited world as related to the US.
You have small groups of possessed zealots who would do something like burn the country down due to a religious fascination with Obama, being ruled by Mormons from Utah,  or reading too much Thomas Jefferson?  That's kind of what I'm thinking about.

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
William T said:
Agabus said:
-"Glory to God!"
If that's the case, we now have a century long tradition of some wide-eyed, bat crazy groups in America who willingly love being subverted, useful idiots of Russia.  History is amusing if nothing else.
I have no love for Putin's Russia or their putative attempts at subversion, but I do grin at the protestations coming from the CIA, who have been subverting other governments, including Russia's, for quite a while and with much greater effect.

William T

Archon
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
William T said:
Agabus said:
-"Glory to God!"
I have no love for Putin's Russia or their putative attempts at subversion, but I do grin at the protestations coming from the CIA, who have been subverting other governments, including Russia's, for quite a while and with much greater effect.

I agree. I think it's hilarious, and it's always funny to watch the CIA blow a gasket.  It takes a lot of info to get me to believe in a conspiracy, even if the Russians are involved, but my first sentiment was to laugh and kind of hope this is true...because Russians are hilarious when they do this kind of thing, the reactionary backlash and red baiting is first rate buffoonery... but my favorite thing to watch is all the over enthusiastic, tin foil hat wearing, wide eyed, apocalyptic optimists welcoming these things with open arms as they crawl out of their parents basement or some obscure university department ready to burn the world down for some great new vision.  It's this later group  I had in mind when commenting.

I could be wrong, but I don't think most of the world has that reaction to anything American.  We are talking about a very American trait with things like this when it comes to our native population and its interpretation of facts.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
William T said:
You have small groups of possessed zealots who would do something like burn the country down due to a religious fascination with Obama, being ruled by Mormons from Utah,  or reading too much Thomas Jefferson?  That's kind of what I'm thinking about.
Hm... they are less extreme but they're pretty far from small.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Iconodule said:
William T said:
Agabus said:
-"Glory to God!"
Saw this last night —

Neon Trotsky on Twitter: "the CIA protesting a right wing president being installed by a foreign power might be the funniest thing that has ever happened"

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
-Stocks up on sausage
-For Meatfare Sunday potluck

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Agabus said:
-Stocks up on sausage
Me and other Orthodox are going to make a churrasco this Sunday, it will be amazing.
I'll bring booze.
There will probably be some cachaça. You can bring tequila, that's all you guys between Texas and the Equator drink.

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Agabus said:
-Stocks up on sausage
Me and other Orthodox are going to make a churrasco this Sunday, it will be amazing.
I'll bring booze.
There will probably be some cachaça. You can bring tequila, that's all you guys between Texas and the Equator drink.
Yeah, everyone is Mexican.

RaphaCam

Reaction score
Website
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Agabus said:
-Stocks up on sausage
I'll bring booze.
Yes, including "Brazilians" north of São Paulo. We are also having a Paschal churrasco, you can bring your suaj.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
-"When you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by men..."

-"...who are obviously supposed to see the three daily articles and memes you post about Lent instead."

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
hecma925 said:
RaphaCam said:
Agabus said:
-Stocks up on sausage
I'll bring booze.
Yes, including "Brazilians" north of São Paulo. We are also having a Paschal churrasco, you can bring your suaj.
I'll bring pitorro.

Nathanael

High Elder
Reaction score
Anastasia1 said:
Agabus said:
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
Bishop Andrej joking & dancing with children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOwV0fvOrL8

<3 :)

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nathanael said:
Anastasia1 said:
Agabus said:
Psalm 149:3 Let them praise His name with the dance;
Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp.
Bishop Andrej joking & dancing with children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOwV0fvOrL8

<3 :)
When I was visiting Belgrade with a Polish Orthodox delegation, he was teaching us exactly the same song ;)

W.A.Mozart

High Elder
Reaction score
The idea of Breakdancing Jesus came from an old newspaper cutting I cut out and kept in the back of my wallet for years before I finally got round to painting the thing. It has inspired a number of drawings and paintings and culminated in a large scale mural in Bristol.
It's based on an actual event when a Polish youth group breakdanced for Pope John Paul II in the vatican.
Francis Bacon has also been an obvious reference, in particular his "Screaming Pope' painting based on a portrait by Velasquez, which I have appropriated, as well as looking at his other work when I've been breaking down some of the dance moves.

http://www.cosmosarson.com/index.php?/newworks/breakdancing-jesus---artworks/